The Call of the Mooman

Summer POV

I'm starting to think that Y/n and I have E-Rank Luck. What that means, I have no clue, but it sounds about right. Between us we have two deaths, we've been through a ridiculously large amount of near death experiences, been attacked by a THUNDERJAW, magic Hybrid Grimm Faunus, and magic Beowolves. Now...why would I bring this up after just obtaining a key piece of evidence not just for Y/n being a softie, but also for Rex and Pyrrha sitting in a tree?

That's because as soon as we got into hearing distance of the bullhead, where my daughters, my old friend Glynda, and other innocent teenagers were, we heard the snarling of Grimm.

Y/n heard it too, because he took off running with me bouncing up and down on his shoulders, holding on to him by grabbing handfuls of his hair, which was ridiculously hard since he has short hair. And the way I had to clamp my legs around his neck to keep from falling off his shoulders backwards? If anyone could see us, or Blake had the opportunity to get a good look at our position, she would have started thinking filthy thoughts from her smutty little books.

But in truth, I was screaming my head off, trying to hang on for dear life...which is ironic if you think about it. When he skidded to a stop however I slid off his shoulder quickly and both pairs of our silver eyes scanned the battlefield. To any normal people, this would look like a tedious battle for the quantity and quality of the Huntsmen and Huntresses in training, but Y/n and I had our eyes a bit wider open. I mean, like I said, we both had a death under our belts and innumerable amounts of close calls over the years. Our experiences had shaped what we looked for on the battlefield.

Like the fact that Pyrrha had just decapitated a creep, and...the head regrew. Or how Glynda just used her telekinetic semblance to rip through three Beowolves with rocks and chunks of earth...only to have the holes fill with inky black smoke? Yeah...these weren't the normal Grimm and these promising Huntsmen and Huntresses in training wouldn't been able to kill them alone.

But they weren't alone, they had us. Y/n's face hardened and his silver eyes flickered around the battlefield as he pulled out his swords. Once he had taken it all in, he quickly made a plan and called his team.

"BOLT! These Grimm are different! Use Gravity dust as you can to knock them back so you can get people on the bullhead!"

I watched as all three of Y/n's teammates nodded, changed the dust they were using, and went back to work. Rex switched his mags, and then jumped on the wing of the bullhead, taking up overwatch where he could clear the path for people. Both Oliver and Gray switched the Dust crystals in their melee weapons to Gravity dust, so that they could hit harder and knockback these magic Grimm.

Hearing this, most of the others did the same when they had the time to do so. Deciding to do what she could, Glynda cast one of her giant purple bubbles around not only the students and herself, but the bullhead as well.

By now Y/n was gone with the wind, quite literally. So I zoomed after him as a ball of white rose petals. To help give him that extra awareness in battle. Inwardly I cursed myself for being so useless, but I did keep my wits about me so I wouldn't let him down.

Around Glynda's bubble barrier, Y/n created a wind barrier as well just for extra security. But what surprised me was when a simple creep tanked one of Y/n's silver lightning bolts. That should have been impossible! I've seen one of those shatter a Thunderjaw's tail, and even its jaw too! How could such a simple and stupid Grimm that is normally viewed as cannon fodder stand up to a force that could two hit a Thunderjaw?!? But then Y/n grit his teeth and tossed two more lightning bolts. The second one knocked it back and the last bolt managed to pierce it's brain, turning the little bigger to stone before it shattered underneath the clawed paws of a Beowolf.