A Tale of Two Adorable Cinnamon Rolls

Y/n POV
Three Months Later

It's been a long time on the road. Summer and I had fallen into a pretty good rhythm for battle. Since I could mow down anything in front of me, she kept watch behind me, calling out a time to give me an idea of where the enemy was coming from. From 9-12 and 12-3 were in front of me and 3-9 were behind me.

Currently, we were practicing on the road to the next village.

"Y/n, you know that we need to talk about it. You haven't been...6:30!"

I turned around and pulled out the new blade that had yet to be named at the same time. Easily and fluidly, I sliced at exactly 6:30.

"Good, even when you're annoyed with me you're still on your game. You still listen to my battle instructions."

I rolled my eyes and looked at the excitable little companion I had. She was currently pouting at me because apparently men don't listen when you piss them off.

"Summer, for the last time, I won't stop listening to you because you are annoying me. That's just ridiculous. Even if we weren't soul bonded, even if you hadn't given your life for mine, we've built a trust, you and I. That isn't a foundation so weak as to be shaken by annoyances or anger."

Her pout lessened, but she still didn't believe me completely.

"That's what you all say! 5:45!"

I thrust my blade behind me to her instructions exactly.

"What we all say, huh? You believe that?"

Her angry pout faltered.

"Yes!"

She saw my eyes that betrayed me as a little hurt.

"Maybe!"

She saw me standing there disappointed. She hung her head in shame.

"No…"

I patted her back.

"I will keep proving to you that you can believe in me. I don't know who made you disbelieve in men, but I'll work to bring that faith back."

She sighed and looked up, her face showed that she was embarrassed.

"Well I looked forward to that. Maybe you'll be able to do that by...8:45."

I smirked at her and stared into her eyes as I swung exactly as she told me to. I heard the gurgle of a Grimm dying and just flung it off my blade.

"Any more, giggle monster?"

She just shook her head.

"Nope."

I gave her a head pat and said one more thing before turning around.

"As you say, so shall it be."

What I didn't see was her eyes sparkling. What I said had given her a way to get what she wanted.

"So...what you're saying is...I can name your new sword...and so shall it be?"

I turned back to the mischievous munchkin behind me.

"Clever girl."

She just beamed.

"You know I am."

She thinks I'm gonna just blow her off huh? Well the reason I haven't named it yet is that I don't know what to call it. So I sighed.

"Ok Summer, how about this, we both come up with a name, and we have to agree on it. That sound good?"