Jaundice

Y/n POV

Today's the day! It's been a long ass week, but I can finally get checked off to begin training again. I was strutting through the halls of Beacon to the Nurses office with Summer.

"You know Y/n you look like you're about to win the lottery. It's been less than a week without your powers. Are you really that excited to get cleared to use them again?"

I looked at her aghast.

"Are weapons really that cool?"

This time it was her who gasped. I continued on.

"I've had my powers for over a decade. I haven't been more than a day without them that entire time. Of course it's going to be weird for me not to be able to use them for even 5 days!"

Summer's face settled down now that she knew I was just making a point. Then she nodded, seeing my point.

"Ok that's fair. But still, you look way too happy. It's kinda creepy."

I deadpanned at her and raised an eyebrow.

"I don't want to hear it from you, Mrs. I go googly eyed for cookies."

She opened her mouth and held up a finger...then dropped her hand and nodded. I had a point. So she just went silent until we arrived.

It didn't take long for the nurses to give me the go ahead to start training again. But I was excited as hell to have them back.

So excited in fact that I ran to the cafeteria. Once there I sat down with my team and Teams RWBY and JNPR. Before they could say anything I looked around the table with sparkles in my eyes.

"I'm cleared for duty boys and girls! Now...anyone wanna fly?"

There was a moment of silence before Ruby and Nora started chanting in sync.

"Me! Me! I wanna fly! Me! Me! I wanna fly! Me! Me! I wanna fly!"

I just smiled at the two of them.

"Well it's a good thing this is the weekend then! We have all day! So anyone who also wants to fly, or anyone who wants to watch, follow me!"

I bounced back up to my feet and started to lead them out to the cliff as I did so, Summer was lust shaking her head with a smile.

"You are such a child Y/n."

Since we were with other people I couldn't give her the witty retort I would have liked, so I just gave her a look that had severe doubt in it. So much so that she was able to understand that I meant she was more of a child than I was, and that had her looking at everything but me and whistling. I just chuckled and looked forward to see that we were there.

I started to speak as I turned around.

"Ok who's fir..."

I didn't get to finish as Ruby, using her semblance mind you, crashed into me and stared up at me with half puppy dog eyes, and half sparkling eyes.

"Me! Me! Me!"

I chuckled once more and nodded. Once I managed to seperate myself from her I started to unbuckle my swords.

"Let me take these massive things off and we can go. Now...who should I leave these to?"

I looked at everyone and realized that as long as I didn't give them to Nora or someone Nora adjacent (looking at you Ren) it wouldn't be a problem. Because I mean Nora wielding massive swords? That's a scary image. So I finished taking off my swords and their scabbards and handed them to Oliver.