The Second Step

Ruby POV

I was just peacefully flying through the air, where I saw a black bird flying slowly and magnificently, right up to the moment it gave a final shriek and I crashed through it in a burst of feathers as I plummeted downward.

I cried out in sadness.

"Birdie, no!"

I fired off a few rounds from Crescent Rose to slow myself down, then I turned the weapon into its scythe form to catch the branch of a tree in my blade to fall downward at a slower pace. After repeating this a couple times, I rolled softly on the ground. Now was my time to shine. Well my time and my sweetheart Crescent Rose's time to shine that is.

3rd POV

Weiss, armed with Myrtenaster, summons a white snowflake circle under her and leaps off of it to the forest below.

Ren descends (with Nora Valkyrie briefly being seen next to him at a faster speed) and spins in the air, eventually using StormFlower's blades to spiral around the trunk of a large tree and hit the ground, brushing off his clothes before looking up to see...Yang yelling out.

"Woo-hoo! Yeah! Alley-oop!"

Yang, soaring right over the treetops, is using her gauntlets and its fiery force to push her through the air further and further north, spinning and laughing with each blast, even when she crashes through the leaves of a tree and leaps off two trunks to tumble to the ground.

Yang smirked.

"Nailed it!"

Then she runs off.

Y/n POV

As I flew through the sky, I looked around to get a good mental picture of the forest. Then I saw Pyrrha, her weapon in sword form and armed with a shield, crash through several trees and roll on a branch, immediately shifting her blade into a rifle and looking through the scope at Jaune as he continues to scream and fall helplessly. I shook my head. I don't think Jaune is ready for this level of combat. Pyrrha though, she is an exceptionally nice person through and through. She coolly transforms her weapon again to its spear form, takes a moment to evaluate her throw, and rockets the javelin deep into the forest until I hear a massive "THUNK!".

Jaune is saved by this miraculous throw, and I heard him yelling in the distance.

"Thank you!"

What Pyrrha did next had me scratching my head...she was waving and yelling to him.

"I'm sorry!"

I mean who says they're sorry after saving someone? I have the strong urge to snort and call her a Canadian, but I have no idea what that means.

Summer was clinging to my neck with a giant smile.

"Hey! Y/n!"

I looked to my shoulder where Summer was laying her head.

"Yeah Summer?"

She had sparkling eyes mixed with her puppy dog eyes when she spoke. Whatever she was about to ask, I don't think I could resist.

"Can we fly more often? This is a blast!"

I chuckled.

"Of course we can Giggle Monster. It will be a part of training."

I looked forward again, but I felt her tilt her head sideways on my shoulder.

"Really? You haven't trained in flying before."