Black, Purple, and Silver

Y/n POV
Nearly Three Months Later

So it's been almost three months since I arrived in Vale. I gotta say, other than Yang being extremely flirty, being a friend to the two sisters has been the most fun I've ever had. Summer has been loving getting to hang out with her daughter's too, even though she's hiding the fact that she's sad about not being able to talk to them.

Now, it may just be a far-fetched idea, but I think I may have an idea on how to fix that. So right now, we're on the way to the store. Summer has no idea what I'm doing so she's just skipping along next to me. I swear, it's like she is a child in an adult's body. But I just shake my head and continue to the Grocery store.

"So what are we getting Y/n? I thought you had enough food for the next little bit?"

Now...I'm a very bad liar. Like even what I told Yang and Ruby about Summer wasn't a lie, but j still felt awkward leaving stuff out. So when she asked me, I decided to tell her, but let her believe what she wanted from it.

"I'm getting ingredients for cookies. I'm making them for a certain cinnamon roll whose last name is Rose."

She smiled and replied.

"Aww that's sweet. I just wish I could eat them too. I mean I'm an almighty spirit! I don't need food!"

I smirked at her, happy she led herself away from my half truth.

"But just because you don't need it doesn't mean you don't want it right?"

She put her arms behind her and kicked the ground.

"Well...umm…"

I gave her a stern look that basically told her to get on with it.

"Yeah that's right."

I nodded.

"I want that for you too Glimmer."

I patted her head and went inside the store. I walked around and got a bunch of cookie ingredients, because if this works, she's going to want a metric feck ton of cookies. But I also grabbed a few breakfast sandwiches because I was hungry...like really hungry.

As I walked up to the check out lane, I saw a little wolf Faunus boy about to shoplift. I tried to get his attention.

"Pssst!"

He looked over at me and panicked. I held my hands out and mimed calming down. I then gestured for him to come over. I knelt down to him. He looks like he's all skin and bones.

"Hey kid. You look hungry. Do you want some food?"

He just looked up at me with hope in his eyes, then the hope faded and he shook his head.

"I do sir...but I don't have any money. Any food I've been able to... appropriate for us has gone to my sister. I've recently gotten a job at a bookstore around here, but all my money from there is already gone. Some guys took it from me just now."

I scowled. Summer has been updating me on politics and other things as well as teaching me about things like Scrolls and other technology. One thing that makes no sense to me is why the Faunus are discriminated against. It makes no logical sense at all.

"I'll tell you what kiddo. You tell me what bookstore you work for and I'll buy you enough groceries for a week. You see...I'm a book nerd. Always have been, always will be. So if I can help you and your boss at the same time, I'm down. Sound like a good deal to you?"

He looked at me in disbelief.

"But why? I'm just a dirty little Faunus…"

I held up a hand there.