Storm Meets Ice

Y/n POV

I was having the most wonderful sleep I've had in a while when I felt myself being yanked from sleep. As I groggily opened my eyes, I also heard why.

"Y/n!!! There are Grimm swarming the village! You need to get up!"

I was almost immediately awake and alert. I looked at Summer who was standing in a little pile of snow, yelling at me and pointing out the window. 

"Let me get my stuff on and then I'll be ready to go."

Summer nodded and went to look out the window. I was busy jumping off the bed and strapping on my swords, then my cloak. For once, I was glad I hadn't taken off my boots before going to bed. 

"Alright Summer, let's go!"

With that we both used her speed semblance and zipped through the inside of the inn and out the front door. 

What I saw out there gave me the creeps. It wasn't your normal Beowolves or Ursai attacking, but waves of tiny Deathstalkers. I could see some larger ones in the distance, but for now, I was about to take some frustration out on these little bastards. 

I unsheathed the Sword of Storms and started to do Aura slashes, taking easily 10-15 of the little buggers out in each stroke of the sword. In no time at all, the little swarm I was surrounded by were vaporized. I didn't see anything so I called out to Summer.

"Summer! You see any Grimm nearby?"

She paused, looking all around before calling back. 

"Nope! But towards the entrance of the village, some villagers seem to be caught in battle with more of these little abominations! And well, they have forestry axes...and no training."

I turned and started to run towards the village entrance. 

"Say no more Glimmer. I'm on the way."

With that, Summer paused, I didn't notice because I was making moves towards the battle. After a moment to ponder what I meant by "Glimmer", she snapped out of it and used her semblance to catch up with me. 

When we arrived, it wasn't looking good for the villagers, who were actually using plain axes, not even sharp ones. So I smirked at Summer and pulled out both of my swords. 

"What do you think about Glimmer? For the sword?"

I jumped into battle, dual wielding like a boss. I had an extra fire in my silver eyes today. We were fighting Deathstalkers tonight. Deathstalkers and I have issues as it was one who killed me. 

Summer looked at the ferocity that I was bringing and, while happy I was destroying the Grimm, she was concerned where this drive was coming from. 

"Come on you snippy bastards! Come get some!"

At that Summer facepalmed. She believed in me, but she really hated my cursing habit. But as I told her once before…

"Bite me!"

Then after she had pouted, I had rolled my eyes and told her to blame Tessa Taranis. She was my best friend, but she was also older than me and was a much better artist with cursing. 

Currently she was shaking her head and then she saw a Deathstalker baby coming up behind me. 

"6:45!"

I heard her and sliced back in the aforementioned direction and hit the tiny Grimm with such force it just skipped the normal pause before disintegration and exploded in black smoke. By now, the Villagers had taken up position behind me, where it was much less dangerous. But then I heard a voice grumble out to my right.