Beacon CTF Part 2

Ariel POV

Sitting on top of Thundercloud's shoulders, seeing what he had been seeing, basking in the attention of all his friends, it was a dream come true. Not only did I have my brother back, but I also am being spoiled by so many people. Honestly, it's like I have three more brothers now with Thundercloud's team. That makes me happy.

Speaking of happy...I turned to look back at the pretty lady, at Summer Rose. I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but I'm absolutely sure I'm glad they were bonded. She saved my brother in more ways than one. And seeing her now, gazing first at her daughters and then at Y/n...oh. Oh so that's how it is huh? I may not be quite old enough to feel that way myself, but having seen that look between my mom and dad, then between mom and Qrow, I recognize the look that Summer is giving my clueless brother.

I gave a small glance back at him and found that he had just turned to her while she wasn't looking and returned the look. Ok...so maybe he isn't so clueless after all. But then the weirdest thing happened. Thundercloud and Summer's eyes met, they shared a smile and then both turned that look to another girl. She was the one who promised to help Thundercloud in my vision of the Mooman.

Huh, I'll have to ask mom what that means. I decided to keep that to myself for the moment and turned back to the conversation Y/n was having with...yet another pretty girl. What do they feed these girls?!?

"So you're saying that you can use your lightning to improve my Polarity?"

Y/n turned his head back to the slightly confused redhead. He smirked and nodded.

"Not just improve it, but say, if we had a bullet of ferrous metal, and then we supercharged the force with which you could move said bullet..."

Pyrrha, as I now remembered the redheaded girl's name was, looked doubtful at Thundercloud. Silly girl, Thundercloud is a genius, don't doubt him. I giggled a bit at that.

"Well, think about this Pyrrha. What is stronger? A magnet? Or an Electromagnet?"

She tapped her lower jaw and cocked her head in thought. Then after a few seconds, she seemed to understand at least part of my mad genius brother's plan.

"An electromagnet of course, but how does that make a broken technique? Normally I use my Polarity to pull because it's easier to pull than to push for me."

Thundercloud nodded. Then he gave a smug smirk.

"Pushing for you is weaker than pulling, right? But you can still do it, right? So if we apply the theory of Magnet vs Electromagnet to the force you can move with your push..."

Then it dawned upon her. Her entire face lit up.

"Then it will be just as powerful, if not more powerful as my pull!"

It was at this point that I heard Summer snort. She had been listening in on the conversation too.

"I think you'll find that you underestimate the force behind Y/n's lightning."

It made so much sense, I repeated it so Pyrrha, who looks like she could be my older sister, could hear.

"I think you are really underestimating my brother's lightning there. Also! You look like my mom. You're my sister now!"

I realized that I may have said too much when Y/n turned to me with an amused glance.

"Thanks for the help, little blizzard. But I don't know if you can just claim someone as your sister. You at least have to ask first, little one."