Prologue

• 序章 •

• 序章 •

-

"Hyung, look what I've found."

Tearing his eyes away from the paper he was skimming through, Hoseok's eyes flashed a vibrant silver before focusing his gaze on the boy standing at the doorway with a mischievous grin on his face. He gesticulated for the younger to come closer, and crossed his arms with an eyebrow raised questioningly.

"What is it? This better be important enough for you to disrupt my work." Hoseok ruffled his midnight black hair, fluffing his luscious locks absentmindedly.

Jungkook smirked. "Take a look at it yourself."

Darting his eyes towards the phone screen the Jungkook was showing him, he frowned at the webtoon displayed on it. He wondered why on earth was he showing him a cartoon comic strip with a historical setting, judging from the traditional hanboks the characters were wearing.

"What is this...?" Hoseok blinked in confusion.

"This webtoon has been the talk of the town, hyung. I got curious, so I searched and tried reading it. And guess what! The plot and characters, except for the names—" Jungkook paused, increasing the suspension lingering in the air, "— they are the same as ours."

Hoseok's eyes widened. "What?!"

Snatching the phone, he began to scan through the webtoon from the beginning, an unbelievable gasp escaping him when he realized that Jungkook was indeed telling the truth. It was just way too uncanny for everything to be exactly the same, and except for their group, literally no one else knew about what truly happened back then.

Back then when they were still in the Joseon dynasty.

"Who's the author?" Hoseok queried while handling the phone back to Jungkook.

If he still had a beating heart, Hoseok was sure that it would be pumping frantically at the panicky feeling he was experiencing. For years, they had been hiding perfectly well among the human beings, so why now?

Just who was this to know everything about them?

And even had the audacity to draw it out and expose it to the world?

"Hyung. There isn't a real name but..." Jungkook squinted his eyes momentarily before enlarging them to read the tiny words written below the title of the webtoon.

"But what?"

"A nickname. The author uses a fake nickname instead of her real name."

Hoseok shifted closer to look at the screen as well. What he saw with his own eyes, made him lose his balance before falling onto the ground, accidentally pushing a few things from the table as well.

Startled, Jungkook immediately crouched down to help him up. "Hyung! You look as if you've just seen a ghost!"

"That's because I just did, Jungkookie. That nickname—" Hoseok swallowed his saliva thickly, and glanced up at Jungkook with teary eyes. "— is the ghost of her."

-