9. New Neighbour

• 第九章 •

• 第九章 •

-

"How are you feeling, young master?"

The young man seated at the backseat of the car with tinted windows darted his unreadable gaze from the bustling city outside towards his secretary next to him, his body posture adjusting into a more comfortable position before crossing his arms. Absentmindedly, he played with the Rolex watch worn on his wrist and spoke.

"The air in South Korea suffocates me." He replied with a low and deep voice, turning his head to look outside again.

His secretary sighed. "You'll get used to it soon, trust me. I know Seoul is incomparable with the life you had back in LA, but you know you have the responsibility to—"

"I don't need you to remind me about my father's death every single time we exchange a conversation." The young CEO glared at his secretary, immediately shutting him up with his cold glare.

Taehyung remained silent as the chauffeur continued to drive him towards his newly bought apartment located in the more luxurious area of the city, and the limousine skidded to a stop when they reached the front porch. He let out an exhausted sigh when his secretary scrambled out of the vehicle to open the door for him, but he made no comments on it and simply allowed the man to work.

With his long legs which were cladded in a pair of sweatpants (he couldn't care less about airport fashion), he strolled towards the lobby with his secretary now beginning to talk nonstop on how he had tried to offer a higher price to the largest penthouse owner but failed so he could only grab the one in the floor below yadah yadah yadah. Taehyung resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the irritation he was starting to get from his secretary, and was about to walk right into the elevator as the doors opened when someone else walked out.

He made sure to take a step back to prevent touching whoever it was, eyes slightly widening in size in surprise. The last thing he needed in his already messed up life was to get involved with more troubles.

"Sorry!" Taehyung's eyes trailed after the girl who had ran away as soon as she had blurted out an apology, and he found himself lifting an eyebrow at how a normal-looking girl her would appear in this building meant for the higher society.

The young CEO shot a look at his secretary without any words uttered from his mouth, but it was enough to make the man realize that his boss was doubting his taste in his choice of accommodation for him. Pressing onto the button again, he entered the elevator with his trembling secretary, and the doors were about to close when another man ran past the doors after exiting the elevator next door.

"Moon Hana!" The man hollered while running towards the girl who was unfortunately stuck at the front lobby without having a key card to exit the building.