Bonus Chapter

As promised, a bonus chapter once this book reaches 1K reads :>

[ bonus ]

-

Excited little footsteps thumped against the wooden flooring in the double storey house located in a peaceful suburban. A young boy squealed out loud as he ran down the hallway, zooming towards the stairs which would lead him down to the living room.

Running after him, was his father who was cursing all sorts of profanities in all the languages he knew of. His face, hair and shirt were soaked wet, courtesy of his cheeky three-year-old who had aimed the showerhead at him to escape from a bath.

"Jung Yeonwoo!" Hoseok hollered out in frustration, his sharp eyes darting around the empty living room to hunt his son down. "Come out now!"

His ears perked up when giggles erupted from the kitchen.

A sigh left him as he closed his eyes shut momentarily. Of course their son would be in the kitchen.

Yeonwoo was known as a momma boy.

Begrudgingly, he made his way towards the kitchen and rested his hands on his hips with an extremely done look on his face. He raised an eyebrow at his son who was hiding behind his mother's legs, the little boy's giggles turning into laughter when his father shot his mother a helpless look.

"Hanaaaaaa!" Hoseok whined while gesturing at their son. "Look what your son did to me! You're spoiling him way too much!"

The said woman lifted an eyebrow at him as she switched off the ignition of the electrical stove. "He's your son too, Hobi."

"Obviously I'm not his favourite." Hoseok pouted, his feet shuffling towards his wife to wrap her up in a hug, making her shriek from the dampness.

"Yah! Get away from me!" Hana pushed her husband away roughly.

Yeonwoo climbed onto the chair and watched his parents bicker in delight.

"Please bath him on my behalf, hmm? We'll be late otherwise." Hoseok pleaded with his puppy eyes on display, using his ultimate weapon to beg his wife. "Pleaseeee?"

Hana groaned, but nevertheless picked their son up. "You're such a baby!"

After a simple breakfast, the small family travelled towards the nearest cemetery with Yeonwoo singing nursery rhymes happily in his baby seat. Upon reaching their destination, the couple smiled warmly at the other two men who were already waiting for them at the entrance, their faces showing obvious irritation at their tardiness.

"Late, again." Namjoon averred with an unimpressed look.

"Ask your nephew the reason why." Hana smacked her older brother's arm lightly.

"Was our little Yeonwoo up to no good again?" Taehyung giggled as he carried his nephew from Hoseok's arms, immediately bonding with the child by making silly faces the little boy loved.

"Try getting drenched with water, Tae." Hoseok mumbled, but shut up immediately when Hana shot him a look.

Together, they then moved towards a specific location which was located in a private and secluded area on the top of a hill. They stopped walking once they reached the front of a few neatly maintained tombstones carved with the names of the few people they loved while growing up.

"Uncle, what is this?" Yeonwoo blurted out in curiosity, eyes blinking at the unfamiliar sight before him.

Taehyung casted a knowing glance at Hana. "Your eomma should explain to you, Yeonie."

Hoseok wrapped his arm around Hana's waist as she began to speak.

"Sleeping underneath the ground were our friends, Yeonwoo. They were our uncles, our friends, and now they're resting in peace for life." Hana smiled sadly at the tombstones belonged to the few vampires who had decided to leave after witnessing Yeonwoo's arrival to the world.

"We've lived long enough, Hana. It's time for us to leave." Jimin spoke with a sullen grin, his watery eyes lingering on the newborn baby laying next to his mother.

"B-but you guys are vampires! You can't just- leave!" Hana whimpered as Hoseok pulled her into an embrace, his thumbs wiping the falling tears down her cheeks.

"Hana's right. You guys are immortal right? It'll be really weird without you guys here with us." Hoseok frowned.

"We decided this years ago when you guys were still kids." Seokjin piped in, a soft smile etched across his face. "Our only wish was to see you two have the happy ending you two deserve, and now that it is accomplished, we can finally rest in peace."

"But-"

Jungkook looked up from baby Yeonwoo who had his little fingers wrapped around his index finger, his doe eyes grinning sweetly at his friend who was shedding tears with a pout. "We'll meet again in our next life, trust us."

"Kook's right. I'm one hundred percent sure that we'll be meeting again, no doubt." Yoongi added.

"Uncles? Friends?" Yeonwoo tilted his head cutely, confusion evident in his mind.

The adults chuckled at his adorable expression. "Yes, and this is your first time meeting them."

"Say hello to them." Hoseok ruffled his son's hair.

"Hello. I'm Jung Yeonwoo!" He squeaked out shyly before hiding his face onto Taehyung's chest again.

"Ah, Jimin and Jungkook would have loved to meet you." Namjoon smiled in adoration at his nephew.

"Definitely going to spoil him even more." Hoseok commented, rendering his family to roar in laughter.

"Then Seokjin would undoubtedly side him for anything he does, right or wrong." Taehyung laughed.

"And Yoongi complaining but still being extremely soft-hearted towards Yeonie." Hana giggled.

"Will I meet them?" Yeonwoo asked out innocently, not fully understanding the meaning of death.

His parents and uncles exchanged smiles of their own. He allowed his parents to lift him out of his uncle's arms to be placed on the ground, each of his hands held firmly by his parents.

With a light squeeze on the hand, Hoseok answered his son. "We will meet again in the next life, Yeonwoo. All of us. Together, again."

-

<3