16. Uncanny Meetings

• 第十六章 •

• 第十六章 •

-

"Yes Joon, I'm heading there now."

A relieved sigh travelled into Hana's ear as the girl climbed the three steps of stairs, her eyes rolling at how dramatic her best friend was. Since it was still in the early hours, the entrance of the National Museum was still locked, rendering Hana to knit her eyebrows.

"I can't thank you enough for replacing me today." Namjoon sighed again.

Hana chuckled as she searched for a side entrance. "You know I'll always help you if you need me. What are best friends for?"

"It's such a shame that I'm unable to attend this exhibition today." Namjoon mumbled sadly. "We have to pay extra to view the artifacts, but they're free of charge for employees and I CAN'T MAKE IT TODAY!"

"Calm down Joonie." Hana laughed softly. "I'll take down notes for you while working. You worry about your family trip."

"Ugh, I want to ditch it." Namjoon grumbled.

"Spend some time with your family while you still can." Hana reminded lightly, and after a few more rants from the boy, the pair of friends hung up the call.

The chilly air-conditioning system of the museum hit Hana's face as she walked in, causing goosebumps to form on her skin. Rubbing her palms together, she searched for the office using the poorly-drawn map Namjoon had provided her beforehand with her heart beating strongly in anxiety.

"Ah! You must be Kim Namjoon's friend!"

Startled, Hana nodded stiffly at the older man seated behind his fancy desk inside the office after bowing respectfully. The man was dressed in a matching formal black suit and pants, a burgundy bowtie worn neatly on the top of his white button up inside.

"Good morning sir, my name is Moon Hana." The girl introduced herself.

"Skip the formalities girl. If Namjoon trusts you with his job, I trust you too." The old man chuckled heartily, handing her a lanyard with a tag clipped to it and a small microphone attached to the rectangular controlling gadget. "Wear the tag at all times and you'll be using that microphone to speak when you talk to the visitors who ask for guidance."

"Noted sir."

"I assume that your Korean History is considered up to par?" The man shot her a skeptical look, but Hana wasn't fazed.

"You can trust me sir. I may not be a distinction student like Namjoon but I'm a good student too." Hana smiled.

The morning shift went by fairly quickly, all Hana had to do was to speak and explain on the generations of Kings and their contributions briefly to some curious tourists. She found herself particularly drawn to King Lee Hyeon, the passage Namjoon had shown her a few days ago haunting her mind.