19. The Truth Untold Pt. 2

• 第十九章 •

• 第十九章 •

-

"My name is Moon Hana, and I am here to pay a visit to His Majesty." Hana spoke politely to the guards and servants stood outside Hyeon's resting chamber, their eyes squinting in doubt at the normal girl.

"Who are you?" The main court eunuch spat.

"I am someone whom His Majesty knows. Deliver my name, please." Hana bowed.

"Please return home. His Majesty does not wish to see anyone at the moment." The same eunuch dismissed her, ticking off her patience.

Just then, a familiar presence appeared next to her. She glanced up, and smirked mentally when the eunuch bowed at Hoseok abruptly, obviously surprised by his sudden appearance.

"Please do what you are told by this lady over here, Eunuch Jang." Hoseok stated firmly, the cold persona of his which was feared by everyone in the palace on display.

"Y-yes, Sir Jung." The eunuch then turned towards the multiple doors. "Your Majesty, Lady Moon Hana is here to pay you a visit!"

Hana swallowed thickly at the silence ensued after the announcement. The girl was prepared to throw the smug eunuch a dirty eye at the stinky look he gave her when a raspy voice travelled out from the inside.

"Let her in."

Hoseok smiled encouragingly at the girl, gesturing for her to enter the room. He darted his eyes away from the shut door as he stood by his position again, his mind a clouded mess from the assumptions he had been having for some time.

Growing up with strict trainings to be sharp and diligent at all times, he was used to the royalty's every single movement since he was supposed to protect him from any sort of danger. He knew everything about him – be it the time he would usually wake up or his favorite food which could only be obtained from the marketplace outside the palace.

So, the subtle glances Hyeon would always steal at Hana wouldn't go by unnoticed by the vampire himself. He had been suspicious of the royalty's feelings towards his lover, and despite the royalty himself doing his best to hide the admiration he also had for her, he had failed so miserably without his knowledge.

It was during a random afternoon, when Hoseok was on a duty to guard Hyeon while accompanying him in the marketplace. The royalty was given a task by his father to scout on the villagers outside, and he was to deliver a report once he was back inside the palace.

As usual, Hyeon was busy oogling over the things they sold in the streets when his eyes caught sight of a certain girl. She was standing by the stall which sold handmade jewellery pieces, and her smile was on display as she chatted happily with the store owners while browsing at the accessories.