14. Red String of Fate

• 第十四章 •

• 第十四章 •

-

"No. This can't be happening all over again. There must be something to stop this. There must be!"

"Jin hyung, you have to calm down. You're hyperventilating."

Scrunching his eyebrows, Taehyung uttered a soft whimper when pain swarmed around his sinuses, reminding him of the assault which had resulted him with a broken nose. The voices which were speaking stopped as soon as they spotted him stirring awake, and he flinched when an unfamiliar face with puffy cheeks and teary eyes stared down at him.

"How are you feeling?" The man asked.

"Could've been better, definitely." Taehyung replied while trying to sit up on the sofa, his eyes scanning the men gathered inside the living room he was in. "Where am I?"

"Our house." Hoseok answered, and Taehyung gulped nervously when he recognized him as the vampire who had saved him.

"Y-you! You're not a human." Taehyung stammered, expecting Hoseok to deny immediately.

"None of us are." Hoseok gestured at the other men scattered all around the living room. "I wanted to send you back to your home but your phone died and I obviously don't know where you live."

Taehyung frowned. "Wait, are you implying that you are all vampires?"

He felt his stomach drop ten stories below when they all nodded, some hesitantly while some did it nonchalantly. A scoff escaped his mouth, and he quickly touched his neck area or anywhere exposed on him to check for any wounds.

"Why am I still alive?" Taehyung blurted out, and he watched Jungkook who had been sitting on the ground snort at his question.

Was his query that funny? He found it pretty important and serious.

"If you're wondering whether we drank your blood or not, the answer is a no. Don't worry." Seokjin pinched the space between his eyebrows when Taehyung gaped at him in doubt. "Ugh, this is frustrating."

"Don't all vampires kill?" Taehyung's eyes widened when a thought entered his mind. "What about the girl who was with you? Where is she?!"

Hoseok exhaled deeply. "She's back home, safe and sound. And as for you, I think you should stay here—"

Taehyung shook his head immediately. "Nope. I'm all good now. I live near to the convenience store. Thank you for saving me and bringing me back here. I shall take my leave now."