11. My Comfort Is You

• 第十一章 •

• 第十一章 •

-

On normal days, Hana would usually appreciate the soft and calming pitter-patter sound of the rain hitting the rooftop, as it gave her some sort of cozy feeling which would allow her to fall into a deep slumber tucked safely underneath her blanket. On normal days, Hana wouldn't even flinch at the flashing lightnings or the roaring claps of thunders, but today...

... on this very particular night, Hana found herself unable to fall asleep despite having served a warm cup of her favourite tea before heading to bed.

Sitting up with a deep frown etched on her face, Hana began to ponder on the ominous feeling keeping her wide awake, her fingers fiddling with a corner of her blanket out of anxiousness. Her eyes snapped towards the outside shielded by the thin paper-made door as a blinding light flashed across the sky, and she felt dread consume her when she recalled the words Seokho had told her before leaving the town a few days ago.

"I'll be going on a trip to accompany the Crown Prince with the rest of the guys. If all things go well, we'll be back within a few days."

Letting out a gasp of realization, Hana immediately scrambled out of her bed on the floor, her hands moving fast to put on the layers of clothings before pushing the door open quietly. As she hovered an extra piece of clothing over her head, she closed the door shut and made her way towards the secret pathway she had discovered one day when she was still a kid, sneakily dodging servants who were on guard duties for the night.

Once she was out, her feet brought her towards her best friend's house which was located in the next street, and without any hesitation, she gathered up all the strength she had in her to jump over the wall ledge surrounding Namjoon's house. Unlike her household, Namjoon's house didn't have as much guards as hers so she could head towards his room safely without having to be extremely careful.

The said man jolted awake in surprise when his door was pushed open in the middle of the night, the cold breeze from the outside putting off the tiny flame dancing on the candle on his study desk next to his bed. Groggily, he rubbed his eyes in confusion and gaped incredulously at the girl now crouching down next to him after shutting the door.

"Why are you here at this hour?!" Namjoon whisper-yelled, his hands fumbling clumsily in the dark to light up the candle again.

"I have a bad feeling that something is happening out there, Namjoon." Hana blurted out worriedly. "I... think something happened to orabeoni and his friends. Including the Crown Prince."

Namjoon stared at her with an eyebrow raised. "You're not even a witch, how can you know that? Go back to sleep—"