15. Smartass Sidekick

• 第十五章 •

• 第十五章 •

-

Closing her eyes as a long drag of sigh escaped from her nostrils, Hana rolled her eyes before grabbing the ringing phone on her working desk. The name displayed on the screen was none other than the devil herself - that was what Hana preferred to call her publisher - and plastering a fake smile on, she swiped the screen to answer the call she had been anticipating.

"Hello—"

"Moon Hana-ssi! Why on earth are you going on a hiatus suddenly?!" The devil shrieked.

"I have personal reasons to go on a short break." Hana replied her calmly, gritting her teeth together when the devil groaned purposefully loudly for her to hear.

"Your webtoon is literally at its peak, and you're suddenly announcing a break? Do you know how much money will be lost? For how long are you even planning to rest? Readers are posting comments on how upset they are in our webpage!"

"Correction. They told me to take rest as long as I need, provided that I'll be updating the webtoon some time later." Hana stated firmly, not backing down. "I really need a break to resolve several personal issues I'm facing right now. Please grant me the permission to do so."

The devil didn't speak for a good few seconds before huffing out with another grunt. "Fine. But I'm only allowing you to be off for a maximum of one month, not any longer. Do I make myself clear?"

Hana frowned. "What? No, I need more time!"

"One month. Take it or leave it."

Rubbing her face in distress, Hana cursed mentally before speaking again. "Fine. One month."

Hana scoffed when the devil hung up the call without bidding a goodbye, tempting her to throw the phone away but decided not to cause she didn't want to spend extra money. Leaning backwards on her chair, the girl let out a frustrated scream while punching the air to release the pent up anger and stress.

"Heol. My friend has officially gone bonkers." A voice emerged from the doorway, and amusement was evident in his tone along with the small smirk on his face.

"Shut up Namjoon." Hana slumped further into her chair, but sat up quickly when she spotted the paper bag held in Namjoon's hand. "What's that?"

Namjoon grinned. "Patbingsu. Care to join?"

"You're the best!" Hana's eyes twinkled and she wasted no time to embrace her friend.