26. The Phone Call

• 第二十六章 •

• 第二十六章 •

-

"Something doesn't make sense."

Blinking blankly at his boss, Taehyung's secretary tried to mask his confusion at the sentence the man seated behind his desk had just said. He scanned the event hall they were in hastily, his mind ticking off every single point he had triple-checked to ensure no mistakes for the fashion show today.

So when he found no flaws, he knitted his eyebrows slightly while glancing at Taehyung who was staring at an empty space while biting his lower lip.

"What's wrong, sir?"

Averting his gaze, Taehyung looked at his clueless secretary before shaking his head. "I'm just thinking."

"About what?"

"Vampires." Taehyung answered bluntly, startling his secretary.

The poor man was still unable to believe that such supernatural beings really did exist in the world he lived in. If it weren't for the group he had met that day along with the confirmation by Taehyung himself about getting assaulted by vampires, without a doubt, he would still be in denial.

"What about them?" His secretary pushed on.

Taehyung shot him a look skeptically for a brief moment before fishing out his phone. He tapped on the screen a few times and shoved it towards his secretary.

"This email was sent to my personal email in the morning when we were busy with the preparation for the show. I assume that it's from the same culprit who's blackmailing us." Taehyung paused. "Read the email."

Obliging him, his secretary scanned through the email quickly and his eyes widened in panic. "S-sir, they want us to hand over most of our stocks or they're gonna expose the vampires' identities to the world! And the dateline is in another two hours?!"

"They're really going to the extreme. No doubt they're gonna frame them by saying they're the culprits behind the killings." Taehyung grumbled in frustration. "How did they find out about all these? Are they always hot on our tails?"

"They probably hired someone professional to do the job." His secretary looked up at the young CEO with concern. "What are you going to do now, sir?"

"We need to warn them." Taehyung snatched his phone back, about to make a call but was interrupted by the loud music blasting out of the speakers, signalling the start of the show.