21. Heart-Shaped Churros

• 第二十一章 •

• 第二十一章 •

-

21st century.

"There there. Stop crying will you?"

Wiping her tears furiously, Hana stuffed her face onto the sweater Hoseok was wearing to hide her tears away. To hear the man narrate the entire story out, wrenched her heart so much and despite not being her past self, the human girl herself was still unable to control her sadness.

"You've waited for so long." Hana sniffled as Hoseok embraced her tightly. "You've suffered so much throughout the years."

"But you're here now. Aren't you?" Hoseok swayed the both of them side to side, both taking in each other's comforting scents. "I will wait for another millennium just to be with you again, my lotus flower."

"You've done well, Jung Hoseok." Hana broke a smile while patting his back, and pulled herself away to look at him. "It's amazing how fate brings two people back to each other."

Hoseok hummed. "Now that you know the entire truth, what are you going to do?"

"Do I have to do something?" Hana pouted, and her eyes darted towards the sun pendant hanging around her neck. "Does this thing really work?"

"I guess so. I trust His Majesty's words." Hoseok combed her hair with his fingers. "A gift from a King is believed to be a powerful object. So it surprised me to hear that Taehyung is interested in this particular design."

"So Taehyung is really the reincarnation of King Lee Hyeon?" Hana asked.

"Yes, they even have the same exact look." Hoseok relaxed in her arms when Hana pulled him into an embrace.

"Why isn't there much written about King Lee Hyeon? Taehyung said the documented stories are probably destroyed on purpose. Is this true?" Hana furrowed her eyebrows when Hoseok let out a laugh. "What's so funny?"

"Let me show you something." Hoseok gestured at her to follow him, and they moved into another room filled with books stacked neatly on bookshelves and racks all around the mini library inside the penthouse.

Hana's eyes twinkled with amazement at the books dated even back to years ago, all preserved and kept just as they originally were. Their footsteps stopped when they were standing before a secured door.

"You have to scan your fingerprint to enter?!" Hana exclaimed when Hoseok pressed his thumb onto the touchpad. "What exactly is in there?"