12. Aladdin

• 第十二章 •

• 第十二章 •

-

As the late afternoon sun began to head home and call it a day, silence continued to ensue Hana's home as the two fidgeted uncomfortably in the girl's old room. Fifteen minutes ago, they had resorted to talk in Hana's room just in case any of her family members were to return back from work, but even after the fifteen minutes had passed, none of them were brave enough to speak up.

Hoseok kept stealing glances at the girl seated on her bed, his eyes darting back and forth from her towards the ripped part of his skinny jeans. Her scent filled the entire room, and his heightened senses tingled nonstop at the familiarity he had lost decades ago.

The vampire blinked when the human girl cleared her throat.

"So, since none of us is willing to speak up, why don't we start by introducing ourselves officially again? No secrets this time." Hana suggested, and she grinned a little when Hoseok nodded with puppy eyes innocently. "I'll start. My name is Moon Hana, and I'm twenty-two years old. I'm a uni student majoring in Korean History who is also a webtoonist who goes by the pen name 'Lotus Flower'."

Hoseok smiled slightly at how forward she was. "My name is Jung Hoseok, and honestly, I have lost count of my age after living on this planet for centuries. But when I passed away before getting brought back to life again, I was at the age of twenty-five, hence my outer appearance stuck with being in my mid-twenties. As you already know, I'm a human turned vampire."

"You've been living for... centuries?" Hana gawked in astonishment. "Man, that must have sucked. To be forced to live in this shitty world eternally."

A charming laughter erupted from the vampire. "Yep. One good thing though, after living in this world for such a long time, we get to save up tons of money."

"Ah, that explains why you and your boys are able to live in such a high-end apartment, driving expensive cars and bikes as if they don't cost a single penny." Hana broke into a smile, giggling when Hoseok shrugged with his tongue stuck out briefly. "What about your identities? How do you keep being here in South Korea without getting found out that you've not aged the slightest bit?"

"With money, it allows you to have lots of connections with the darker side of the society." Hoseok explained. "Besides, we have migrated a lot with different identities in different countries, and it was only three years ago when we moved back and I graduated from my Korean History masters course."

"Interesting. What about you? Anything you want to ask me?" Hana relaxed her posture a little, bringing her legs up to sit in a much comfortable criss-cross style.