18. The Truth Untold Pt. 1

• 第十八章 •

• 第十八章 •

-

Joseon Dynasty.

"Orabeoni!"

Hearing her voice which he had missed a lot, he whirled around and chuckles left him when Hana threw herself towards him. Tears were springing out of her beautiful eyes, dampening her long eyelashes which he admired a lot.

"It's been a while, my flower." Hoseok brushed the messy baby hair framing her tear-stained face away, his eyes filled with nothing but gentleness in them as he took in his lover's appearance.

"Orabeoni, why do you feel so cold?" Hana questioned while touching his icy hands.

"Hana! Stay away from him!"

A silent yelp left her throat when she was pulled back forcefully by Namjoon who was glaring with an intimidating gaze at Hoseok. The latter sighed when he knew that Namjoon had found out about his new identity.

"What are you doing! Let me go." Hana tried to escape from her friend's strong hold, but it was obviously to no avail.

"Hyung!"

Hana watched the other five men near Hoseok, worrying looks of their own painted across their ethereal facial features. In sync, they snapped their heads towards Hana who was still held in Namjoon's arms.

And then, they smirked.

"Nothing escapes you, Kim Namjoon." Yoongi pretended to check on his nails.

"Stay away from us." Namjoon ignored his statement. "You go your ways, and we will leave."

"You sure you wanna do that? Poor Hana is about to burst out of tears." Jimin winked at the girl, his eyes shining an unmistakble bright silver for a fleeting moment.

Hana froze at the brief change of his eye colours. "W-what—"

"They are no longer humans, Hana." Namjoon grimaced. "I don't know how, but they're dangerous vampires now."

"Vampires?" Hana blinked in confusion.

She had only heard of the supernatural species once from Namjoon when she had accidentally found a book in his house library. Her friend had no choice but to explain to her about the creature, and reassured her countless of times that vampires didn't exist.

Her eyes met Hoseok's.

And her heart tugged painfully when he glanced away with tears invading his eyes.