James Potter

This imagine has been requested by my good friend brooksy002 . I hope you enjoy it.

James Potter x Reader
Pureblood
Gryffindor
********************************

"You can't keep staring at him (Y/N), Sirius is going to notice one of these days," (Y/F/N) states from our seat in the Great Hall. "But (Y/F/N), he's staring back," I say resting my chin on my knuckle. Right as I said that James looks back at me then looks away with a smirk on his face. "You haven't even touched your breakfast," (Y/F/N) continues. "Okay mom," I say taking a bit of my toast, causing (Y/F/N) to chuckle. Finishing the last bites of her food, (Y/F/N) gets up, "I'll see you in potions, okay?." "Sounds good, see you then," I reply. Shortly after (Y/F/N) takes her leave, I go back to sneaking glances at James. I know I sound like a broken record but James Potter is so good looking, the way his curly brown hair lands, and oh his eyes, he has such beautiful eyes. After finishing the last of my pumpkin juice, I get up and head to my first class of the day, Charms. Which just so happens to have my older brother, Sirius and his devilishly attractive friend.

"Alright class, today we will be taking a deeper dive into the Accio charm," Professor Flitwick. "Now I arranged this so it can run as smooth as possible," he continues. "I have placed a quil on each of your desks. But you have to summon the quil from the students desk that's in front of you." I look up and I'm meet with James gaze. He shoots me a wink before looking back at the Flitwick. "You may begin," Professor Flitwick states. We all knew what to do because this was a continuous of something we learn in the fall. I focus my attention on the quil on James desk. "Accio," I say but as soon as I cast the spell I'm quickly get distracted by someone shout the spell, startling me. I'm quick to realize that something that had a different feeling than a quil, was in my grasp. I look at my hand and see a pair of glasses. "Merlins beard, Black," James says catching my attention. I had not just anyone's glasses in my hand, they were James' glasses. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry James," I express quickly getting up from my chair avoiding charms that were going from one side of the room to the other. "Thanks (Y/N)," James says once I was in front of him. "Um, (Y/N) you can let go of his glasses now," Sirius says looking at my hand that still had James' glasses in them, but James also had a grasp on his glasses. "Right, my apologies," I say. Embarrassed I head back to my desk. I hear someone chuckle, I look up to the direction the sound was coming from. I see James chuckling, placing his hand on Sirius' bicep. Clearly unenthused by what's going on, Sirius' brows were knit together, not showing any sign of humor.

As soon as we were dismissed, I quickly left the class before James or Sirius had the chance to catch up to. I soon see a familiar face, (Y/F/N). I wave her down and we walk to Potions.

"So you summoned James' glasses," (Y/F/N) questions. "Yeah," I reply ducking my head down, still slightly embarrassed. "Awww, that's so cute," (Y/F/N) continues. "You really think so," I say after walking in silence after the comment she made. "Of course, you have a crush on him. He seems to be on your mind a lot if you thought of something else for the split second you got distracted," (Y/F/N) states. "Shhh, not too loud someone might hear you," I'm quick to say. "Yeah, right," she says sarcastically.

***************************

This day seemed to drag on forever, but it was finally dinner, so I couldn't complain. "Hey (Y/N), can I talk to you after dinner." I turn around from my spot next to (Y/F/N) and I'm met with the messy haired Gryffindor. I notice that he was by himself , I look around and see that none of the Marauders were with him. "Sure," I say. "Great, see you then," James says before leaving. "I wonder what it will be about," (Y/F/N) says to me once James was out of earshot. I can only wonder. The feel my blood run cold, and my palms start to sweat. "You'll be okay," (Y/F/N) says noticing my shift in my mannerisms. "I hope you're right," I say.

After I finished my meal with (Y/F/N) we take our exit from the Great Hall. "Pst, pst," I hear some whisper. I look around and I see James casually leaning against the wall. "I'll see you in the common room," (Y/F/N) says walking away. "You wanted to speak with me," I say once I was in front of him. "Oh...yes, I do," he replies struggling with his words. "So what is it you wanted to tell me," I say bluntly. "Umm...erm..(Y/N)," he starts. I nod to let him know he should continue. "I heard you and (Y/F/N) talking about me this afternoon." I gasp. "Don't worry I feel the same way, I had a huge crush on you ever since Sirius introduced you to me," James says. "Really?" "Yes. (Y/N) will you go out with me?," James asks scratching the back of his neck. Oh my Merlin! James likes me back! I can't believe this! "Oh, James...I would love to go out with you," I reply. "Really?!," he says delicately caressing my cheek. "Absolutely," I say leaning into his touch. "Great! Next Hogsmeade trip, we'll go to the Three Broomsticks together," he confirms. "It's a date, I'll see you around," I say before giving James a quick peck on the cheek.

***************************

It was the afternoon before my date with James Potter. He told me he had everything under control. I start picking at my cuticles as (Y/F/N) picking out my outfit. "You're so indecisive," she mutters as she pulls out a long sleeved crop top. I look up and see what she was hold. "Don't worry about Sirius, James told his plan and you should trust him," (Y/F/N) says. "You're right," I say getting up from my seat on my bed. I walk to the bathroom and freshen up and change. When I come out, (Y/F/N) face lit up like a Christmas tree. "He's going be all over you (Y/N)," she says grabbing some makeup from her vanity.

"Perfect." I look in full length mirror that was next my bed. Grabbing the lining of my jacket, inspecting my outfit. "You did good (Y/F/N)," I say. "Thank you, thank you very much," she says tipping an imaginary hat. "Now we need to go, you have a date waiting for you."

To be continued....

A/N: brooksy002 I hope you liked it. Part 2 is underway. Thank you so much for your patience. ❤️