Regulus Black Part 2

This imagine was requested by rexy4evr

Regulus Black x Daughter
Pure-Blood
**************************

Sirius watched as Lucius pushed Luci higher and higher on the swing. It was yet another family gathering and this time it was a picnic in the park. Luci's laughter filled Sirius' ears he wanted to be the fun uncle and be able to make her laugh. He was able to make her laugh to a certain extent before Luci would get distracted by something else and leave.

"Give it some time," Regulus said patting his brother on the back.

"What if she forgets about me completely?," Sirius asked.

"She won't because she's always spending time with the family," Regulus answers.

"You got to stop pushing yourself in the corner and moping about this. Put your big boy pants on and spend time with your niece. Then maybe just maybe she will want to spend more time with you. You are just pushing yourself away from her by acting this immature," Regulus scolds.

Regulus was right though, ever since Luci admitted that Lucius was her favorite uncle, Sirius stopped having the need to prove himself to be the fun uncle. Luci was then out of sight causing Sirius to worry. Before he could ask where she was Narcissa said that Lucius took her on a walk by the pond nearby picnic. "Go."

Sirius eventually caught up to the pair, Lucius had a toothy smile plastered on his face as he was crouched next to Luci pointing out the different fish in the pond. Luci's face was full of wondering as she pointed at the different fish.

"Hey you two," Sirius said sitting next to the niece and uncle. "Uncle Sirius," Luci squealing running to Sirius with her arms outstretched. Sirius hugged Luci holding her close enjoying the moment. "Where were you?," Luci pries, breaking the hug. "I was talking to your daddy," Sirius simply answers. "About what?," Luci continues to ask, causing Lucius to chuckle and Sirius scowling at him. "About boring stuff," Sirius answers. "What kiiinnndd of boring stuff," Luci continues. Sirius started getting annoyed and it was clearly evident on his face, his warm happy smile was replaced by a scowl and his eyes appeared to look darker than usual.

Luci was pulling on Sirius' arm trying to get a satisfactory answer out of him. "Come on uncle Sirius tell me, tell me."

Sirius lost it, "About how you favor Lucius over me!" This caused Luci to cry not because of his answer but because of tone in his voice. Luci ran to Lucius attempting to hide in his embrace. Lucius looked at Sirius with disproval before Sirius sped walk back to the picnic sight. Sirius was so mad at himself, if he wanted to get closer with Luci chances of that happening were zero to none and it was all his fault. It was true, he knew he was acting like a child but this favoritism was something that he didn't really have to deal with with Harry. So this was clearly all new to him and it was hitting him a little harder than expected.

***

"Luci let him cool off, he will come around and apologize," Lucius said. Luci was still in hugging him by the pond, and he was rubbing his hand up and down her back in attempts to reassure her. "But why did he yell at me," Luci voice muffles into Lucius shoulder. "Uncle Sirius seems to be having a bad day," Lucius continues.

"Because of me," Luci said, her response sounding like a question. Lucius pulls Luci way, "No, of course not. It is not your fault Uncle Sirius was in a bad mood," Lucius replies trying not to make his niece feel worse. "Are you sure."

"Positive."

***

Lunch was eventually ready and the whole family joined around one big magical picnic blanket. Luci went from Lucius side to her dad Regulus' avoiding Sirius. Sirius tried to approach her but with a petrified face she scurried over to the comfort of her father's side. Regulus made a plate for Lucias Luci kept her head down with nervousness. A small thank you escaped her lips as Regulus placed a plate of picnic food in front of her. Regulus just shook his head when he made eye contact with his older brother. Sirius sighed feeling true guilt built up inside of him. He had to apologize eventually, but all in due time.

Bellatrix and Narcissa started packing up the food once the meal was far over while Sirius, Lucius and Regulus with Luci by his side picked up the yard games. Regulus left to bring everything together leaving Luci reluctantly walking around the perimeter of the picnic sight smelling the wild flowers. Sirius walks up to her calmly hoping not to startle her more than he already did.

"Hey Luci," he started, squatting down at her level. Luci turned around hearing her name being called, seeing as it was Sirius she was about to run. "Wait—come here," Sirius spoke softly not louder than a whisper. Luci slowly walked over to her uncle and stopped a couple feet in front of him, she was playing with her hands not making eye contact with the fear of being yelled at again. "I'm sorry for raising my voice at you. I just wish you played with me more than you played with Uncle Lucius," Sirius spoke using adolescent terms.

"I'm sorry Uncle Sirius...I just think your boring sometimes," Luci answers slowly still playing with her hand but her glance made their way to Sirius shoes. Sirius was taken aback with the child's honesty but that's how children were at times, honest. "Oh really," Sirius says chuckling. "Really."

"Well did your dad ever tell you that I played quidditch when I went to Hogwarts?," Sirius asked. "You played quidditch," Luci said finally looking at Sirius with a smile. "I love quidditch," Luci continues with excitement in her voice.

"Really," Sirius replies with a similar smile. "What position did you play?," Luci says walking closer to Sirius. "I was a beater," Sirius answered. "That's my favorite position," Luci continues. "Wow that is so cool." Regulus then comes into Luci's view. "Daddy!," she squeals. "Daddy!" Before Luci made it to Regulus she turned around and ran back to Sirius who was still squatting at her level. Then wraps her tiny arms around Sirius neck and hugs him. "I forgive you Uncle Sirius," Luci expressed. As soon as Sirius could adjust to the hug she ran back to Regulus in excitement.

"Did you know Uncle Sirius played quidditch and he was my favorite position," Luci squealed making it to Regulus. Sirius chuckles as he catches up to the his brother and niece. "I did know that. Maybe he can teach you how to play sometime," Regulus said picking her up. "You'd really let me teach her how to play," Sirius asks. "Yes. Besides you need something to bond over," Regulus answers.

And that's exactly what happened Sirius taught little Luci how to play quidditch with the help of her father Regulus of course. Eventually the young girl grew up and was soon of age to start going to school at Hogwarts. From then on her family with her dad and Sirius of course went to everyone of her games supporting her with pride knowing there was another Slytherin quidditch player in the family. Even Sirius was at peace with this even though he himself was a Gryffindor, he just didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

***************
A/N: I kinda made these two parts of this imagine a type of prequel to the other ones I have written in the past that associated with Regulus x Daughter. I hope you enjoyed it and the twist at the end.