Remus Lupin

This is kind of a song imagine, it wasn't requested by anyone. However, I had this idea for the longest time  and finally decided I should finally write and post it. I hope you enjoy it!

Remus Lupin x Reader
Half-blood
Gryffindor

*****************************

It was the end of dinner when I was walking out of the great hall with my best friend, Lily Evans. I felt giddy with excitement because today was Remus and I's one year anniversary. I gave him his gift early that morning, it was a huge basket of chocolate with a book that he's been dying to read for the longest time. The way his brown eyes lite up with excitement when I gave him his gift, was the cutest thing I've seen in my life. As soon as he saw me in his line of sight he brought me in for a passionate kiss before repeating a bunch of 'I love yous.'

Lily and I continue walking the halls before I see a path of rose petals. I look at Lily and she just smirks. I playfully elbow her in the ribs before laughing.

We continue walk and I start to hear music, and the rose petal path stops right before a wall but the music gets louder. I place my hand to the wall feeling the cold stone I look at Lily. She gives a confused look while furrowing her brows. Then suddenly I hear stone on stone and notice that a secret door is revealed and has moved so that Lily and I can enter. I glance at Lily and she makes a hand motion for me to walk in. The music is just background noise as I see Remus, James, Sirius and Peter standing a few feet in front of me. Sirius had a guitar in my hand and Peter was near what look to be record player. Remus was in front of a microphone with a smile plastered onto his face. I feel a hand on the small of my back lightly pushing me forward. I take a few steps until I was a couple feet in front of my boyfriend. Sirius starts playing a very familiar intro to a song I know all to well, 'Africa' by Toto. Then the entrance to the song started and Remus started to sing.

"I hear the drums echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She's coming in, 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation"

I always knew Remus could sing because he would mutter songs under his breath whenever we cuddled. But I never thought he would sing in front of an audience. I just smile as my boyfriend sings to me.

"I stopped an old man along the way
Hoping to find some old forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say, "Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you," he continued to sing.

Sirius rocks a few chords before Remus sang,
"It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had"

Then James and Peter crowd around their mic going 'ooh, ooh." I giggle as my eyes brim with tears. I look to my side and see Lily smiling proudly. She notices me glancing her way and gives me a side hug.

"The wild dogs cry out in the night
As they grow restless, longing for some solitary company
I know that I must do what's right
As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti
I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become"

That's when I started to sob, I finally understood why he chose this song. Not only was it my favorite song but it both had a deep meaning to the both of us. I am so glad that I have Remus in my life and I wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything.

**********

"So what did you think darling?," Remus asked once he finished the song with the Marauders. I race up to him and jump, he quickly catches me as I bury my face I the crook of his neck. "I loved it Remus, thank you," I say kissing him on the cheek. "I chose this song because I would go through great lengths to be with and love you. You are my world." "I love you!" "And I love you darling," Remus says as he wipes the tear that rolled down my cheek.

A/N: Feel free to request and please check out my newest book 'A Trip to Avonlea.' I really appreciate it! Thank you.