Frank Longbottom

•WARNING•
This imagine contains angst.

Frank Longbottom x Reader
Halfblood
Gryffindor
======================

I was walking out of my third class of the day and it was mid afternoon, it wasn't until now that I felt my assignments really pilling on and I felt an anxiety attack coming along. I was listing off all the assignments, in my head, that I had to do when the day came to an end, one of which is DADA essay I haven't even started yet nor even look at the prompts. I was so lost in thought I didn't even hear my bestie talking to me. My breaths were short and I felt like a troll was standing on my chest. I look around me and everyone is hastily walking to classes. My eyes continue to dark around until I felt something on my arm. "Hey (Y/N). Are you alright?" I look over and see Marlene who placed her hand on my forearm. "Just peachy Mars," I say quickly looking away from her and look up to prevent tears from spilling. "Okay! I was just asking if you studied for the transfiguration quiz that we have at 3 o'clock?," she asked. "Oh-yeah, of course I did," I say forcing a smile looking back at her when I was sure tears wouldn't spill. "Great! Would you mind helping me review during lunch?," Marlene asked with her signature smile. Lunch was my only downtime and I didn't want to do anything related to school but that backfired. I force another smile, "Sure Mars." "Thanks (Y/N/N) you're the best!," Marlene said. "I'll walk with you down to the Great Hall, if you wouldn't mind," she continued. "Not at all," I say monotoned.

===

I helped Marlene study for the quiz, the tense feeling throughout my body not leaving. I started to eat my food when Marlene said that we are about to run late for class resulting with me only being able to take three bites from my sandwich before being pulled away by Marlene. I know Marlene means well and this is the first time I had to bend over backwards on her behalf, but still she caught me at the wrong time. I haven't seen my plant boy all day and he's the only one that can help me through my anxiety attacks. Before Frank I was able to get through them on my own but he makes me feel like I'm not going through them alone. He's reassuring and such great listener when I need to get things off my chest.

===

If Marlene knew that she was bothering me during a difficult time she would feel awful, so that's why I put up the 'I'm okay" mask/persona, and she didn't ask any questions. I let out a shaky breath as I completed my quiz, luckily my professor allowed us to leave after we finished. From there I decided to head to the library, my shoulders that were once proud were now hunched over as I clutched my books to my chest walking as fast I can to the library. If I had one more confrontation with one of my friends or peers I would've probably cracked right then and there. I was satisfied with how the quiz went since I studied in advanced so it would be an easy 'A', I finished at a reasonable time too, there were still a few students left in the classroom but not enough for me to think I rushed through the quiz 'which I didn't'.

===

My eyes darted the shelves desperate to find a book or two to help me with my paper for DADA. Turning the corner I heard a maniacal chuckling and immediately felt additional panic if that was even possible. I carefully look around the corner and see Lucius Malfoy and his gang. One of the guys looked up and in my direction, I immediately pressed my back to the end of the shelf to avoid being seen. When I didn't hear footsteps coming in my direction I let out a sigh relief.

I really thought the book would be here, I practically looked all over the library and couldn't find a book to help me with my paper.

"I'm sorry Miss (Y/L/N) but it appears that somebody has already taken out that book," Madame Pince said with her sickening sweet voice that I sworn could've caused cavities. "Could you tell me who took out the book?," I ask. "Unfortunately I cannot, it's classified and against library protocol," she says matter of fact. "Of course it is," I mutter starting to stress out even more. "What was that dear?"
"Oh nothing. Thanks for your time madame," I retaliate with a fake sweet voice. I walk away and release a heavy sigh. "Are you alright dear?," Madame Pince asks from behind the counter. "Just peachy."

===

The day was finally over and I was currently working on my homework at a desk in the Gryffindor common room since my roommates were being far too loud with there gossiping with Merlin knows what, and I didn't want to bother with a temporary silencing charm. I sighed and huffed in great angst bringing both of my hands in the front head running my fingers through my hair in the process. I finally had my herbology homework finished and was currently working on potions. Remembering these bloody ingredients are so dang hard. Then I finally remembered and was on a roll from there. I feel like when I have these anxiety attacks they can be paralyzing but I break through the paralysis and have microscopic boosts of energy, which is happening right now. This microscopic energy is my last bit of strength I had.

===

Time goes by and I finally hit an inevitable low. I had shortness of breath and felt an even bigger wave anxiety, when all of a sudden I feel these masculine arms loosely wrap around my neck. I panic, but that's when I hear "Don't worry honey, it's just me." I let a sigh of relief and hear a creak behind me. I look to my side and see my charming boyfriend crouching next to me. "It's okay honey, I'm here," Frank says noticing my eyes starting to water. "Come here," he continues. I reach over the arm of my chair and lean into him in which he welcomes me with open arms. And that's when I shatter, forget cracking, I'm a mess. I sob and sob into Franks arms as he's crouched next to me.

After five minutes Frank stands up. "Where are you going?," I whimper as my lip quivers. Despite being blinded by my own tears I was able to see the look on Frank's face, he seemed broken by the state I was in. "Here, jump," he says. I do as he said and jump and he catches me into his arms, once I'm in his arms he starts packing my homework into my bag. "Wha?," I ask. "Shh," he retaliates. Once my bag is packed we head up to his dorm. He opens his door with his "free" hand and walks in. His cologne and scent overpowers my nose and I'm instantly at peace. He gently sets me down the side of his bed sets my bag next to his nightstand and walks over to shut the door. Walking away from the door he mumbles "Quietening" pointing his wand at the door not even turning back around to the door. I giggle with his cockiness with casting the spell and he smirks. He gets into his bed and pulls me down with him. Face to face he says "you are working so hard and you need a break, I walked through the common room twice and each time you were working on your assignments with such a stoic and focused expression and by chance I just so happen to walk back in on your anxiety attack," Frank said. I stare emotionlessly into his brown eyes. "I'm so proud of you (Y/N)," he simply says caressing my cheek with his hand. I melt into his touch and smile. Nuzzling into his chest he chuckles and asks how my day was. I instantly get wave of reminders of all the horrendous things that happened today. Frank who now had his arms wrapped around my back pulling me close, noticed how tense I got. "Okay, you don't have to talk about it until you're ready," he said kindly. "Okay!," I say happily smiling into his chest. I hear his laugh amplify since I had my head rested in his chest. Frank then just continued talking changing the topic of the conversation to how his day was, as he played with my hair.

==========
A/N: I know at certain times it might feel hopeless and like you're stuck with angst. But I promise you all is not lost, you can and will get through your difficulties and challenges because you are strong, you are making a difference in this world. And most importantly, you matter. You matter to me and my other fellow readers. I'm here for you and appreciate you. ❤️ -maddie