Peter Pettigrew

This imagine was requested by @JulzLovsDraco4Eva . I hope you enjoy it.
Angst Warning•
++++++++++++++++++++

Peter Pettigrew x Reader
Pureblood
Gryffindor
++++++++++++++++++

"I can't believe you would do this to me Peter, after I shared my feelings for you and this what you do, go behind my back by trying to prove yourself by getting the dark mark. You know what I can't even look at you," (Y/N) wailed waving a hand away from Peter before turning around in one swift motion; (Y/H/C) (Y/H/S) whipping around nearly hitting Peter in the face. The Marauders who's heart's broke for the girl watching the whole thing unfold were pushed aside by (Y/N) who couldn't bring herself to look at any of them.

(Y/N) was like a sister to them all except for one, Remus. It was always that way from the very beginning. He was a moth and (Y/N) was the flame. There was just something about her that made him admire her and look at her that was the exact opposite of a sister. He knew how sensitive and loving she was to not only them but the weaker students who's viewpoints were often looked over, and that's what he loved about her. Of course he wasn't able to bring his feelings to the surface. How could he? He just didn't want to toil with (Y/N) big sensitive heart. He couldn't live with himself knowing that he was the one who brought earth shattering damage upon her.

+++

The Marauders gave (Y/N) time to compose herself before outstretching their brotherly and loving arms to the poor and heartbroken girl.

"I can't believe how selfish Wormtail is," James spat.

"Not just that he's so worried about pleasing others. He would tell anyone what they wanted to hear not wanting to disappoint them," Sirius corrected, wrapping an arm around (Y/N) pulling her closer into his safe embrace.

Remus just watched from the armchair in the Gryffindor Common Room. Finding it difficult formulating something to say he just sat there and listened, looking at (Y/N) lovingly, who was staring into the fire that was ablaze.

"I'm so stupid, how could I allow this to happen to me." That was enough.

"You are not stupid. You are kind, loving and any one is bloody lucky to have you looking out for them and loving them. Wormtail was the stupid one to not notice that," Remus stated standing up abruptly, startling (Y/N) and the Marauders.

"Yeah Wormtail is a coward," Sirius added. (Y/N) managed to crack a smile before getting up from Sirius embrace, and hugged Remus. Remus was stiff as a board before coming to his senses and hugging her back.

"We love you," Remus muffled into (Y/N)'s hair with a statement that mainly was only meant by him.

+++

"I will protect you always, till death do us part," Remus said, looking at his and (Y/N) interlocked hands. (Y/N) choked out a sob before placing her hands on his cheeks just as the officiant said they could kiss. Remus deepened the kiss by pulling (Y/N)'s petite waste, moving her closer to him. Remus' hands securely rested there until they walked up the aisle. He made a vow to protect the love of his life who would do the same for him in a heartbeat.

Dancing the night away (Y/N) couldn't help but be thankful that through her heartbreak with Peter she was able to realize that love wasn't one sided. Remus showed her that. It was about being there for your best friend who was also there for you, not only in the brightest days, but the dark ones too. It took (Y/N) a while to notice Remus in the shadows as her protector but when she did, she didn't let him go. She was there for him during his triumphs and his downfalls, proud of him and everything he had accomplished along the way. At least (Y/N) was the bigger person while Peter still struggling to find out who he was.