Marissa 'The Original Chosen One'

What if James and Lily Potter didn't have to die and Harry Potter didn't have to carry the weight of being the chosen one?

***

This imagine isn't like any of my others. I hope you enjoy it, and who knows I might continue writing parts for this.

***

I was walking out of my Transfiguration class when some pulls me out of the crowd of people leaving class. "Dumbledore wants to see you Marissa," a masculine voice says. "Wha- who are you?," I ask. "No time to explain," he says walking away dragging me along in the process. I stumble and quickly gain my footing. The boy was wearing the typical Gryffindor uniform, his light brown hair was combed over and with a buzz type cut on the sides. I couldn't really make out or recognize his face because everything happened so sudden. All I heard from him was huffing and puffing, I could see him looking at me from the corner of his eye, as I tried to get a better look of his face. He wasn't going to tell me anything given his stern response when I asked what was going on. Recognizing the route from previous visits I could tell we were heading to Dumbledore's office. "Are you going to at least tell me your name? Or at least how you know my name?," I ask kindly not wanting to provoke him. "I'm Lawrence, Dumbledore wanted me to keep an I on you ever since the prophecy was foretold."
"Prophecy, what prophecy?," I asked. "I have already told you more than I was supposed to. Dumbledore will explain the rest," Lawrence stated walking even faster toward out destination.

"Marissa listen carefully my dear, you are in grave danger," a women I never seen before said right as I entered Dumbledore's office. "That is quite enough Priscilla," Dumbledore said, outstretching his arm preventing Pricilla from getting closer to me. "What is going on? Who are these people? Why am I in danger?," I sputter out.

"Marissa, you may want to sit down for this," Lawrence says gently bringing a chair behind me. I hesitantly sit down and Lawrence swiftly walks to Dumbledore's side. Nodding my head Dumbledore continues, "Marissa you are the chosen one."

***

"Back off, back off, give the poor girl some space," Dumbledore whispers. I open my eyes slowly. "She's coming to," Pricilla says. "Shh," Lawrence says and I here a light thud. "Ouch," Pricilla retaliates. My eyes are fully open well adjusted to dim lighting of the office I was in. "Thank goodness you're awake Marissa. I know this is alo-" "Did you say I was the chosen one?," I question. Dumbledore nods. "What does that mean exactly?," I question. "It means that you are destined to defeat or be defeated by He Who Must Not Be Named," Lawrence says. "Voldemort?," I whisper yell. Dumbledore nods. "How?," I shout getting frustrated with not getting the answers I want.

"Every class you have taken throughout your six years here have prepared you for this moment. And before you ask, your parents wanted you to know your sixth year of Hogwarts that you are the chosen one. They didn't want to put additional stress of this information on top of your already stressful academics," Dumbledore says calmly.

"I can't believe this," I say putting my head in my hands. "I'm suppose to defeat this villain that I just learned now that I have been preparing for my whole six years of attending Hogwarts. "You're not going to fight You Know Who alone, you have your friends Helen and Fay to help you." "What am I supposed to say, oh Im the chosen one that is destined to defeat or be defeated by Voldemort," I say sarcasm lacing my voice. "Well if you put it that way...," Lawrence starts before I scowl at him and he stops. "Marissa I know this is a lot to take in but you have to pull yourself together," Pricilla says.

"How am I the chosen one?," I ask ignoring Pricilla.

"Tom Riddle is considered to be one of your far distant cousin," Dumbledore said. "Merlins beard! But how am I a Gryffindor," I say. "We were all shocked as well but I suppose the qualities of a Slytherin is something you and family broke away from," Dumbledore said.

"You know we are in the midst of a war. But your role will to be to do some damage behind the scenes. Voldemort started creating these things called horcruxs' and their role is to preserve a part of a wizards soul and it is highly frowned upon. It will be your job to find these horcruxs' and destroy them," Dumbledore said.

"But this job won't be easy, he will want to get into your head and want to know where you are and what you are doing and you will have to be strong and not let him."

I will help you train on concealing that important information and not allowing You Know Who to get to it.

***
What do you guys think of this imagine? Should I continue?