Remus Lupin

This imagine was requested by @LilithHadesBlack

Remus Lupin x Reader
Half-Blood
Ravenclaw
**********************

(Y/N) was as intelligent and creative like every other Ravenclaw in her year but, there was just one thing that she couldn't manage to do. The patronus charm, she would practice and practice for hours on end. She would end up getting the same result every time she tried; a massive headache, cold sweat, and self doubt. It was definitely taking a toll on the poor witch, but she refused to give up. There would be times where she would go to the library and scan every shelf on every isle for a book to help her muster the patronus charm. She would even go to her professors looking for any piece of advice that would possibly help with the task. They admired her for her determination and her resourcefulness on trying to perform the charm—but at the same time, they pitied her because they saw her talent and abilities when she herself could not.

It was just every other night at Hogwarts, all the students were in bed, all except one—(Y/N). She refused to give up even it caused her lack of sleep. Her friends called it an obsession but all the poor girl wanted to do was see her what her animal guardian was. (Y/N) was just wandering the school grounds, wand in hand as she said the charm over and over again, each time in a different tone than the last, and a different happy memory went along with it.

Her patience was running thin when she saw a small an icy blue glow coming from the tip of her wand. The girl gasped in surprise, a smile forming on her face. Any one around her would of been able to tell how excited she was just by her little jumps in place, along with her hands clasping her wand over her chest. The Marauders, excluding Remus, were just a few of those people who knew how (Y/N) was feeling. They would see that familiar smile when they would pass her in the halls with Remus. Her (Y/E/C) eyes would be transfixed on Remus' moves just hoping he would look her way or notice her in some way. But that was the thing (Y/N) didn't know, Remus did in fact notice the witch and had similar feelings as he passed her in the halls. His hands would get all sweaty, and his whole body would get all warm and fuzzy. Remus did have a crush on the Ravenclaw, and despite their character traits of both of their houses, they were too stubborn to notice.

So here the Marauders were watching (Y/N)'s every move from their animagus forms. Remus on the other hand was observing the scene from the protection of James' invisibility cloak. They were originally discussing plans for the next full moon when they were distracted by the talented Ravenclaw. (Y/N) tried the charm again; "If this didn't work I'm going back to bed," she thought. But to her surprise she was able to cast the difficult charm, she admired the beautiful grey and white wolf that pranced about her with similar happiness. The girl squealed with glee, and she ran after her patronus and to the castle for a much needed rest.

Remus just smiled in awe at the girl who held a special place in his heart. It wasn't until Peter elbowed and pointed to her patronus when he realized that she had almost the exact same patronus as him. He knew what that meant, from all the studying and assignments, he knew with a deep understanding that this girl was his soulmate. He had to tell her how he felt before he would loose his chance. "But I couldn't what if she laughs in my face. What if she says that she's to good for me?," Remus thought.

"Calm down mate, you look like you've seen a ghost or something," Sirius states taking a seat next to him on the couch. "You have to tell her," Sirius says. "Yeah, this is your chance. She loves you Remus. There's no doubt in my mind that she will say no," James replies coming behind the two slapping Remus on the back in the process.

After debating how the situation will go down, convincing Remus to go for it, and ask (Y/N) out, the Marauders sat on the sidelines and watch their best friend take a leap of faith. Remus walked over to the Ravenclaw table in the Great Hall and saw her—she seemed to notice his presence as he came up beside her. Looking into her beautiful eyes he started to tell her how he felt. His hands were shaking the whole time and bit his chapped lips prepared for the blow—but it never came. (Y/N) simply took his hands into hers, her stomach erupted with butterflies because of the contact but (Y/N) knew this was what she wanted. With a smile plastered on her face she accepted a date to Hogsmeade the next time they went. But before Remus left her he ran his fingers through her hair and placed his lips on her cheek. He was just a jumble of nerves but when his lips were on her skin, he relaxed. The smile on her cheek was still there but a pink tint was added to both of her cheeks. As Remus left, he sighed contently, he was glad that she knew and he was glad to know that she felt the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: @LilithHadesBlack I'm currently in the process of writing your Sirius request. But my goal is to have it up by Friday. I really appreciate your support.