002; silly little science project

THIRD PERSON.

"KATE GET UP OFF OF THE FLOOR," EVIE SAID, staring down at the her best friend who had been sat on the floor almost the wall for almost an hour, a bottle of wine in her hand.

"There is nothing entertaining about life," Kate replied as she shook her head, "It is so incredibly boring, why don't we go travel the world or something?"

"Because you're broke."

"I can find a sugar daddy," she shrugged, standing up and looking over at Evie, noticing the not so pleased expression on her face, "Evie, there is so many easy ways to make money if we just-"

"If you," Evie corrected her, "I am not having a sugar daddy or being a stripper, that's on you."

"Evie some of us don't have jobs." Kate sighed.

"Was that supposed to make me feel bad?" She looked over at her before placing an iced coffee on the counter Kate was stood in front of, "Drink that, not the wine."

"Thank you," the girl mumbled, placing the wine bottle back in the fridge before grabbing the coffee off the counter, "I made a bad decision last night."

"That's not new," Evie told her, unpacking the groceries that she had walked into the apartment with less than five minutes ago before glancing over at Kate, "Let's hear it."

"Ok it wasn't a bad decision," the girl defended herself, "Someone sent me a DM on instagram."

"Mhm, what about?"

"It was about a fake relationship," she mentioned, "With someone I follow on Instagram."

Evie went quiet and froze for a moment or two before eventually turning around to notice Kate had been staring at her the whole time, waiting to either hear or see her reaction.

"Continue..."

"A verified person." She continued, "Someone we know from high school, they're in a band and we have some bad past, they have fake blond hair.."

"They're in a band and you have a bad past..." the girl stood opposite her titled her head, furrowing her eyebrows before leaning against the counter, "That doesn't ring any bells."

"He put that letter in my locker," Kate shrugged, her hand going to the back of her neck as Evie's head quickly shot towards her.

"Kate, no."

"Kate, yes." Kate nodded and gave her a smile.

"No," Evie shook her head, "You both agreed to leave each other alone after high school, there's no way you're doing that."

"So, I shouldn't do it?" She asked as Evie nodded, continuing to put away the groceries as Kate let out a sigh.

"Funny story," she spoke up once more, "You're going to laugh uh, I already agreed."

"Kate." The girl froze for a second time before her hands went to her head, "He will not want to fake date you, why'd you agree?"

"Bored," she shrugged, "It gives me some excitement to life."

"Stepping back into his when you hate each other?"

"Exactly." Kate smiled, "I'm just going to mess with his career a little, like I did with his science projects."

"But his career isn't just a silly little science project." Evie looked at her best friend as Kate rolled her eyes, "It's his income, his life and his reputation too."

"I never said ruin it Evie." Kate defended her idea, holding her hands up as the girl continue to shake her head and walk through to their living room, "Evie just hear me out."

"I'm not listening to a college dropout," she replied, throwing her jacket onto the couch before turning to face Kate, "Give me one good reason why you're agreeing to fake date a boy you hate for his benefit."

A slight smile growing on Kate's face, she quickly shrugged before folding her arms and crossing one ankle over the over, moving her gaze across the room, "I get paid."

"You get paid?!"

"They agreed to pay me." Kate nodded, "I basically got myself a job with no interview, work experience or qualifications and you needed to have all of that."

"And now i'm working for a good company." Evie nodded, "While you sit around and go to parties."

"I can see how we are two very different people now."

"Finally realised that?"

"Yeah." Kate nodded once and watched Evie shake her head and smile, "Plus it's for my benefit too, it looks like I have a boyfriend and that's good at making Isaac jealous."

"Alright," Evie raised her eyebrows and fell onto the couch, grabbing her laptop from beside her, "When do you start?"

"In a few days," she told her, sitting down beside the girl and smiling slightly, "I get to meet his bandmates too."

"Let me know if any of them have a hot sister," the girl mumbled before Kate let out a laugh, "I'm not kidding."

"I know you're not." She said, "I'll definitely find out for you."

"Well that makes me a little bit more up for what you agreed to," Evie looked at her, "If I get a girlfriend out of this I will be more than pleased."

"And If I get to piss off Corbyn, I will also be extremely pleased." Kate said through a small laugh, grabbing the blanket from beside her and pulling it over the two of them.

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

meet kate & evie,

first impressions? 😁