080; crazy about romance

THIRD PERSON.

SITTING IN THE STUDIO WITH HIS FOUR BANDMATES, the boy was running in his own head as he stared at Jonah's laptop screen, struggling to focus on the song they had decided to work on for that day.

It had been less than 24 hours since Kate walked out of the apartment after ending things with the boy, and with no follow up text he was left confused on what he said that led the girl to her decision.

"How is Kate's song doing?" Daniel asked, turning to Corbyn who was still zoned out as he stared at the screen, "Corbyn?"

"What?" He shook his head quickly as he turned to Daniel, "what did you say?"

"I just asked how Kate's song is doing."

"Oh, I don't know." Corbyn shrugged, glancing to his own laptop screen while his four band members looked to one another, "she ended things."

"...huh?" Jack mumbled, all four of them furrowing their eyebrows as Corbyn looked back up at them.

"Uh, we had a small disagreement about something and I think I must've done something that made her think of her ex and she.. she just said she wanted to break up." He explained.

"Break up?" Jonah asked.

"I asked her to be my girlfriend about a week ago."

"You only lasted seven days?" Daniel frowned, "have you spoke since you broke up?"

"No, but it was only last night so." He shrugged, "I think I'll give her space for another day or so and then ask to talk."

"Maybe she isn't as ready as she thought she was," Zach suggested, "she only ended things with Isaac recently and that was a very toxic relationship."

"Yeah, maybe she needs some healing." Jonah nodded, "she was probably just wanting to not hurt you."

"Well I am hurt..?" Corbyn titled his head.

"Yeah but I mean she didn't want to be toxic to you." Jonah explained, "she wanted what's best for you and maybe she knows it's not her."

"I kind of feel used." Corbyn mumbled, "I just helped her release a song... I helped her get into the charts."

"...I don't know her intention was to use you." Jack shook his head, "you were the first person she went to when she knew who got her fired, she was crying at your doorstep."

"She only let you call her Katelyn, maybe that's a sign." Zach said.

"She ended things with Isaac for you," Daniel looked at him as Corbyn let out a sigh, "and everyone said she was obsessed with him, that's a big step to take just to use someone."

"Didn't she says multiple times she didn't want a music career?" Jonah folded his arms.

"Because of her parents." Corbyn nodded, "I encouraged her to.."

"So if you encouraged her and she didn't suggest it, she didn't use you." Jack told him, "she genuinely liked you."

"I uh, I wrote a song about her." Corbyn admitted.

"...that's surprising."

"A song about how much you hated her?" Daniel smiled as the others laughed slightly.

"Uh, no." Corbyn rolled his eyes, "she said once something about a rush of adrenaline feeling and I just took that phrase and ran with it."

"So it's called adrenaline? I'm assuming?" Zach asked.

"Uh, I kinda like the name fallin' better." Corbyn replied, "but I never said we were releasing it."

"Well we want to hear it." Jack said.

"The hard drive it's on is at my place," Corbyn sighed, "but I'll bring it in tomorrow for you all to listen."

"Cool." Jonah nodded, "sorry about things with you and Kate."

"I really liked Kate." Daniel said, "she was so much fun."

"Are you still going to be friends?" Jack asked, "please say yes."

"Well we might get back together, I don't know." Corbyn frowned as he shrugged, "maybe we will be, I don't know yet."

With his four band members nodding, they all turned themselves back to their own tasks and silently continued with their work.

And only minutes later, the five were distracted again by a knock at the door with an envelope sliding underneath it, Daniel being the one to stand and retrieve the envelope before opening the door, only to reveal no one there.

"Classic ding dong ditch," he shook his head and sighed, closing the door before he looked down to the name written on the paper and placing it in front of Corbyn, "all yours."

"What is it?" Corbyn looked up at him.

"A letter, clearly." Jack sarcastically said with a roll of his eyes, "open it."

"...no, it'll be from Kate." He shook his head, "I'd rather not know what is inside this envelope right now in front of you four, I could cry."

"Kate isn't romantic like that."

"Kate is so romantic like that." Corbyn raised his eyebrows, "she's crazy about romance."

"Just open it." Jonah said, "we'll turn away."

"Okay." Corbyn held his hands up.

As the four smiled slightly and turned their backs towards the boy, Corbyn took a deep breath before opening up the envelope and unfolding the sheet of paper, revealing a long handwritten letter signed by Kate at the bottom of it.

Whilst reading it, his face had slowly fell and tears were blinked back in his eyes, wiping away any excess before his band members had a chance to call him out on it.

"What does it say?"

"..nothing important." Corbyn mumbled.

(˚୨୧🔪·。🛒˚.⛓)

A/N

soooo.. the end??