012; i'll compromise

THIRD PERSON.

"BEFORE WE GET INTO THIS WHOLE BOWLING DATE THING," Kate spoke up as she placed her hands on her hips, turning around to look at the boy who slid his phone into his pocket before rolling his eyes.

"What?" He replied.

"If I win-"

"No we're not doing this," Corbyn shook his head as Kate frowned, "Because you'll somehow cheat and win."

"I'll play it fair." Kate told him with a small smile on her face, "I promise."

"Are you good at promises?" He asked as he tilted his head slightly, watching the girl look away from him while nodding, "Okay, that's a no."

"It's just a harmless bet," she groaned as he walked past her, picking up a bowling ball while she continued to talk, "I'll be fair, no cheating."

"Fine, what's the bet?"

"If I win," a smile grew on the girls face, "you have to come to one of the clubs downtown with me, you can bring all your little band friends too."

"A club? Is that it?"

"It's a special club to me, not just any club." Kate shrugged.

"Okay fine," Corbyn nodded, "If I win, you have to be nice to me for a week."

"Uh, no." She quickly shook her head, "I don't do nice."

"Emerson it's just for a week," he replied, eventually turning himself around to throw his ball down the lane, watching it knock down a few pins before he looked back at her.

"Fine, but this does mean I will try cheat my way through this now." Kate told him, grabbing a ball and walking past the boy, "Don't make me mess up."

"I'm not even near you," Corbyn held his hands up as he backed away from the girl, allowing her to take her turn while he watched her do so.

The pair remained competitive throughout their game of bowling, focusing on trying to knock down the most pins and gain the most points just to not lose their bet.

And as Kate took her last turn to bowl, she finally finished with seven pins down, totalling up the final results to a draw as they both stood there in slight confusion.

"What does this mean now?" Corbyn asked, "We don't-"

"I'll compromise," she interrupted him before her head turned towards the boy, "You come to the club I want to take your and your friends to, and i'll be nice for a week."

"Alright," he nodded as he held his hand out, "Shake on it."

"I'm not touching your hand."

"Kate."

"I'm not touching that," she told him as he raised his eyebrows, keeping his hand in place as a frown slowly grew on Kate's face.

"I won't come to the club if you don't shake on it." He said, hearing her let out a huff before hesitantly shaking his hand, instantly letting go before wiping her hand onto her jeans and grabbing her jacket.

"You wipe your hand like I have some sort of disease." Corbyn mentioned, picking up his car keys as Kate nodded.

"I just don't like you," she replied.

"That's not very nice."

"Oh my god," the girl mumbled before forcing a smile and looking over at him, "I just don't like germs, nothing against you my friend."

"That's much better," he smiled slightly as the two began to leave the bowling alley, "Now I feel like I can actually speak to you because you can't insult me."

"I can't insult you?" Kate stopped, "Not even to say your outfit choices are weird?"

"They're weird?" He glanced down at his outfit as she shook her head.

"No not today," Kate told him, "Just if they ever are."

"Then no, you can't."

"But Corbyn," she stuck out her bottom lip as they continued to walk on, "That isn't fair I-"

"Corbyn!" A girl called out, interrupting Kate's sentence as they both turned their heads in the direction the voice was coming from, noticing a girl younger than them running up to the pair with her phone in her hand, "Hi oh my god."

"Oh hey," he smiled, wrapping his arms around her into a small hug as Kate stood off to the side and glanced towards the ground.

"Can I get a photo with you?" She asked him.

"Of course, of course." Corbyn quickly nodded, one arm still wrapped around the girl as they took their photo before slowly bringing their conversation to a close.

And as the fan girl walked off, Corbyn turned back to where Kate was stood as she rolled her eyes before continuing to leave the building.

"Kate it was a fan."

"She interrupted my sentence." Kate shrugged, "I don't like when people do that."

"She probably didn't know you were talking," he said, "It's fine, you can continue talking now."

"No it wasn't important anyway," she shook her head as the boy slowly nodded, scratching the back of his head in confusion before he glanced up and took notice of the cameraman stood outside.

"I forgot this was a date for the media," he mumbled, grabbing ahold of the girl's hand who still had a frown on her face and her gaze towards the floor while they walked through the door and in the direction of where Fletcher was stood.

And after they had stopped so Corbyn could talk to Fletcher and answer another set of his semi invasive questions, the two of them eventually walked away from the guy and over to the boy's car.

Yet as he unlocked it and went to the driver's side, Kate had already walked past his car and headed up the street with her arms folded.

"Kate." Corbyn spoke up as she stopped to turn to him, "What are you doing?"

"Walking home."

"Yeah, you're crazy." He laughed slightly, "Get in my car."

"I'm perfectly capable of walking ten minutes down the street to my apartment," she argued, "i do it all the time."

"Someone interrupts a sentence of yours and now you're in a bad mood?" Corbyn furrowed his eyebrows as the girl shrugged, "I'll let you talk all you want in the car."

"Yeah because you'd totally want that." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm not arguing with you in public, Fletcher-"

"Then stop arguing and leave me be." Kate interrupted him, backing away whilst Corbyn sighed, "Sucks when someone interrupts you, hm?"

"Emerson."

"Fuck off," she nodded once, turning herself back around to make her way down the street where her apartment complex was located.

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

hm hm hm so what do we think she
got upset for hm theories ?? 😦