069; he can't come

corbyn🖤i can't make it to our date night :( somethingjust came up about our album and we can'tmiss it

corbyn🖤
i can't make it to our date night :( something
just came up about our album and we can't
miss it

corbyn🖤
i'm really sorry, i'll make it up to you <3
seen

corbyn🖤
i'll call you in the morning 🖤

––––

THIRD PERSON.

"ARE YOU NERVOUS THIS TIME?" EVIE ASKED, GRABBING onto the handle of their front door as she turned back to the girl ready to go for her date.

And as she looked to Kate, the grin she had on her face had faded as she stared at her phone screen, an obvious drop in her shoulders as she placed her phone on the counter.

"What?"

"He can't come." She mumbled, pulling her shoes off her feet as she sighed and dragged her feet over to the couch.

A frown appearing on Evie's face, she glanced over to the text messages on Kate's phone from the boy, a small sigh escaping her lips before she bought the phone back over to the girl.

"He seemed sorry about it." Evie mentioned, "reply to him so he-"

"I don't want to reply." She shook her head, turning away from the girl as she faced their TV.

"Kate, he didn't mean to stand you up."

Replying with nothing other than a shrug, Kate put one a movie as she sat in the clothes she planned to wear for the date night, an upset frown stuck on her face while she stared at the TV.

Evie was quick to notice how upset the two texts had made her, and was trying to reassure the girl that it wasn't him standing her up or ghosting her, it was because he was too caught up within his band.

But with that not going through Kate's head, Evie sat down beside her and grabbed her laptop, throwing a blanket over the two of them while they sat in silence.

"Do you think it's an excuse?" Kate asked, a quiet tone as she spoke while she kept her body turned away from her best friend.

"Him not being able to make it?"

"Yeah."

"No, I think he was genuine about it." She said.

"You think so?" She raised her eyebrows slightly, turning to Evie with a few tears in her eyes as the girl paused.

"Are you crying over Corbyn?" Evie smiled slightly.

Kate shook her head as she shrugged, wiping away the tears from underneath her eyes and her smudged mascara, "I just feel kinda.. a little upset."

"Because of him?"

"No I think it's just my trust issues." Kate explained, "What if he's seeing someone else? Like they're having a... why are you looking at me like that?"

"He doesn't seem like the type to do that," Evie rolled her eyes as Kate's head fell onto her shoulder, "he's probably telling the truth and has actually got something to do with the band that he needs to sort out."

"You're overthinking because of your ex," she continued, putting her arm around the girl while she continued to look through pinterest, "Corbyn isn't that guy and I don't think he ever will be."

Kate nodded, fiddling with the rings on her fingers as she sighed and stared at the movie she had put on, "I'm still paranoid."

"You're always paranoid."

"I'm paranoid that Isaac might turn up." Kate admitted, "he's been quiet and that's not usual for him, it scares me."

"Then get Corbyn to stay with us again," Evie suggested, "that made you less paranoid."

"Yeah because Corbyn makes me feel safe I don't know." She shrugged, "I might ask him."

"Okay." Evie subtly smiled, "did you make an announcement for your song?"

"I did," she folded her arms, "I haven't been on Instagram since because Im scared to see reactions."

"I haven't even listened to the song."

"I don't want you to until it's released."

"Why?"

"Because you'll either cry or get mad at me," Kate looked at her, "it's about Isaac."

"Please don't say it's a sad song about how you wish you were still with him and-"

"It's the opposite." She interrupted Evie as the girl looked at her with raised eyebrows, "but you'll see when you listen to it."

"I'm glad you're doing this." Evie said, "actually going for your dreams, I like it."

"My parents are going to find out eventually though," she frowned, "they won't agree with it."

"Yeah," Evie mumbled and sighed, "but you can't make everyone happy, focus on yourself first."

"I'd rather they spoke to me." Kate mentioned as she stood up, throwing her phone onto the couch, "i'm gonna change out of this seeing as I won't be going anywhere tonight."

"If it makes you feel better I think you look great." Evie said, watching the girl walk through to her bedroom.

"It helps a little." Kate said, closing the door to her room before she let out a sigh and glanced around it in search of something comfy to wear.

A slight frown was still on her face, still unsure of why the boy had left it so late to let her know he wasn't able to make it to their plans for that night and why she seemed so bothered by it.

Of course she had feelings for the boy, and enjoyed being around him, but she left herself unsure of why she got herself so worked up over a cancelled date night, something that typically wouldn't have made her so upset.

It was confusing to her knowing she was never this affected by anything Isaac did when he'd cancel one of their plans. Yet a boy she had only grown to tolerate a couple months ago had more power over her feelings than she had originally thought.

Kate was unsure of how this boy had become so attached to her mind so quickly, and what the reason for that was.

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

well