045; the whole love thing

THIRD PERSON.

"I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE ELSE GO TO.." SHE MUMBLED, scratching the back of her neck as Corbyn sighed.

"Okay... go upstairs." Corbyn softly said as he held the door open, "I'll come up in a few minutes."

With a nod of her head, Kate headed up the stairs as Corbyn closed the front door and walked back through to where his band mates were sat, the four of them now in silence.

"Is she okay?" Daniel asked, watching Corbyn pour a glass of water as he shrugged.

"I don't think so." Corbyn sighed, "just continue the game without me, I'll be back in twenty minutes or something."

"Okay." Jonah nodded, "did you want us to order you food when we get ours?"

"No it's fine." He shook his head, giving them all a small smile before walking towards the stairs and heading up to his room, where Kate was hopefully sat.

As he ran his fingers through his hair and walked into his room, Kate was sat on the side furthest away from the door, facing the wall next to it with her knees bought up to her chest.

Corbyn closed the door behind him to give them both a little privacy and quiet area away from the guys sat laughing downstairs. He then walked over to the side of the bed Kate was sat and placed the glass of water on the table next it before sitting down on the chair just beside his bed.

"What are you crying for?" He asked, watching her wipe her eyes that were smudged with mascara as he had a frown on his face, "if it's Isaac I have no sympathy for you he-"

"You should've told me if wasn't your fault I got fired." Kate interrupted him as Corbyn went quiet, "I just needed a text to be told I don't.. I'm sorry."

"Katelyn." He sighed, "the night before I said I'd consider being more than what we are, did you think I was just leading you on?"

"Yes, actually." She looked up at him, "I'm not good with- I don't do the whole love thing very well."

"Alright well... I didn't tell Randy anything and I'm assuming you didn't, so why are you crying?"

"Isaac did it." Kate frowned, "he said he did it through an Instagram post and I literally just found out."

"Oh." Corbyn paused, watching her slowly nod before glancing down to the floor again.

"And now I feel like an asshole for yelling at you and avoiding you." She admitted as Corbyn shook his head.

"You didn't know." Corbyn told her.

"I should've talked to you about-"

"Kate, you didn't know." He repeated, "it's not your fault."

"It is my fault." Kate argued as she stood up and put her phone on the side table with Corbyn following in her actions, "you just said you have no sympathy for me anyway."

"That was before you explained what happened." He said before his hand loosely held onto her waist, "Do you want something to remove your makeup?"

"No it's fine I should go anyway." Kate shook her head, hearing Corbyn let out a sigh before he slowly pulled her into a hug.

As he wrapped his arms around her, the girl paused for a second before she subtly furrowed her eyebrows, eventually wrapping her arms around the boy with a small smile on her face.

"I don't want you being by yourself if you're upset." He mumbled, placing a kiss on her head as she shrugged, "or Isaac coming to your place when you're upset."

"I don't have anywhere else to stay so," Kate replied, pulling away from the hug as Corbyn stared at her before gesturing to his bed, "...no, you have a girlfriend."

"A fake girlfriend." He rolled his eyes, grabbing her a sweatshirt and sweats before holding it out to her, "she doesn't mean anything and she knows it, just stay I can sleep on the couch."

"Okay." Kate nodded and mumbled, throwing her phone onto the bed before taking the clothes and going over to his bathroom to get changed.

And as the door to the bathroom was shut and locked, Corbyn sat himself on the edge of the bed as Kate's phone began to ring and Isaac's name lit up on the screen.

The boy rolled his eyes, glancing towards the bathroom door before declining the phone call and turning the phone completely off.

Once Kate left the bathroom in the boy's oversized clothes, she walked back over to where he was sat as Corbyn looked up at her, "blue looks good on you."

"You're just saying that to make me feel better." Kate frowned as she fell onto the bed.

"And did it work?"

"A little."

"Good." He smiled slightly, "do you need anything?"

"A cuddle." She mumbled, turning her head to look at Corbyn who without hesitation had already shuffled over to her, pulling her closer to him and wrapping his arms around the girl before pulling the sheets over them.

"Is that all you needed?" Corbyn asked as Kate had already shuffled as close to the boy as she could get, her head in the crook of his neck while she nodded and closed her eyes.

"Thank you," she replied with a subtle smile, "for tonight."

"It's okay." He smiled, "goodnight."

"Goodnight."

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

awwwww cuties