024; below the bare minimum

THIRD PERSON.

"ARE YOU SURE SHE'S HERE?" JONAH ASKED as him and the other four walked into the party Kate had invited them to, "She probably just stood you up."

"She'll be around here somewhere." Corbyn shrugged, glancing around the room before he turned around to face his four bandmates, a frown on his face once noticing they had already walked off to find their own set of friends.

With the boy suddenly alone in a party full of energetic people, he pushed his way through the crowd and found himself at the drinks, pouring one into a solo cup as he sighed.

"Did the others not come?" Kate asked, stood at the other side of the counter as Corbyn jumped and looked up at her.

"They went off to find their friends." Corbyn shrugged.

"Oh.." she slowly nodded, "you can come hang out with mine if you want."

"Okay." Corbyn replied, grabbing his drink and following the girl through to one of the more quieter rooms in the house, a group of girls sitting on the couch and one guy accompanied with them.

"This is Evie, Sophia, Hazel and Luke." Kate told Corbyn as she gestured to each one of them, giving the boy a wave, "And everyone, this is Corbyn."

"You're blond." Luke tilted his head, "Kate you don't usually go for blonds."

"Just wanted to switch things up." She shrugged.

"Where are your band mates?" Hazel asked Corbyn, watching him sit down on the floor beside Kate despite everyone else sitting on the couch.

"They're with some other friends at the party." He replied, "but I'm sure they'll appear sooner or later to come find me."

"You have some good songs." Hazel said, "I really like come to brazil."

"Thank you." He smiled slightly, "Yeah its quite a popular song of ours."

"Your girlfriend doesn't listen to your music." Evie smiled, "Do you Kate?"

"I've listened to a few." Kate shrugged, "But I don't.. I need to find time to listen to the rest."

"I really like I don't belong in this club." Sophia shrugged, "very upbeat."

"I hate to be that person but it's not my vibe." Luke frowned, "you're really good singers and it's great but it's not something I'd listen to."

"That's fair." Corbyn shrugged, "I respect that. We're working on a new album and it's kind of different to what we have so far."

"Oh really?"

"It's going to be completely produced by us." He explained, moving away from the girl's conversation and more into his and Luke's, "It's coming along quite well."

"The only song I can get behind right now is I still do." Luke told him as he smiled slightly, "That song is very good but the rest are just not my style."

"I still do is probably the fan favourite." Corbyn said, "A lot of people seem to love that."

"Yeah I-"

"If you guys have stopped chit chatting." Sophia interrupted their conversation, "We're going to get more drinks, are you coming?"

"I'll come." Luke nodded and stood up, grabbing his cup before following the three girls through to the drinks, leaving Kate and Corbyn on their own.

As they sat in silence, Kate sighed and downed the rest of her drink before she threw the cup to one side, watching Corbyn take small sips out of his.

"Is Isaac not here then?" Corbyn spoke up and looked over to her.

"Uh, he is." She nodded, "He's just.. upstairs with a girl..."

"Oh." Corbyn frowned, "Oh like.."

"Yeah they're.. yeah." Kate mumbled, "I walked in on it."

"Oh." He raised his eyebrows slightly, "In the middle of it all?"

"Yep." She nodded and laughed slightly, "I ended it with him at that moment but no doubt he'll text me tomorrow and act like nothing happened."

Corbyn gave her a nod as he sighed and glanced down at the floor, taking another sip of his drink while Kate fiddled with her bracelets, "You know you deserve better than that."

"He's all I want." Kate shrugged, "I don't care if I deserve better, he's just everything I want in a guy."

"Toxic..?"

"Protective." Kate rolled her eyes and looked up at him, "but knows right from wrong."

"But you just walked in on him cheating-"

"Sh, sh." Kate covered his mouth with her hands, "He's just drunk, everyone does shitty things when they're drunk."

With her hand still over his mouth, Corbyn furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head, watching Kate's face suddenly turned a subtle shade of red before she moved away from him, folding her arms.

"I'm gonna assume this isn't the first time it's happened." Corbyn mumbled as Kate frowned but nodded, "Second time?"

"Fifth.."

"Fifth?" Corbyn's eyes widened, "Kate just leave him."

"But I love him." Kate shrugged.

"Why?" Corbyn asked, "What do you see in him?"

"He's funny." Kate said, "and he's hot, he listens to me sometimes, he can be nice."

"The bare minimum?" Corbyn tilted his head, "Not even the bare minimum. Below the bare minimum? Does he even compliment you?"

"Yeah when I dress up and look nice." Kate smiled.

"Like tonight?"

"I didn't get one tonight," she shook her head, "but it's-"

"Your dress looks nice." Corbyn interrupted her as she went quiet, slowly turning to look at him confused and noticing the subtle smile on his face.

"Thank you..."

"Your makeup is really pretty too." He said, the girl shuffling a little closer to him as the confused look remained on her face, "now you've received a compliment for dressing up nice."

"Well.." she slowly smiled, "I like your shirt."

"Thank you." He nodded, "I like how you styled your hair."

"Thank you." Kate replied, her eyes dotting between his eyes and lips as they leant closer to one another.

As Corbyn's hands grabbed onto Kate's waist and her hands cupped his face, the boy pulled her closer to him as Corbyn's lips attached to the girl's.

Their kiss didn't last as long as either of them expected, and by the time they were given the chance to attempt to deepen the kiss, especially with their freedom of being alone in the quiet room, it was cut short by the friends Kate had with.

"Kate, are you coming with us to get a McFlurry?" Evie called out as she walked into the room with her car keys, watching Kate and Corbyn quickly move off of each other and the girl stood up and grabbed her phone.

"Mhm, yep sorry." Kate nodded, wiping tue edges of her mouth with her hand as she walked past her best friend, who had her mouth dropped open slightly while glancing between her and Corbyn.

And as the two girls walked off with the rest of their group to leave the party, Corbyn was now left alone in the room with himself and many confused thoughts running around his mind. Unsure of how to process what had just happened.

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

SO 😳 our thoughts?