055; you're my friend

THIRD PERSON.

A COUPLE DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE CORBYN AND ISAAC'S incident at that party, and Kate hadn't spoken to either of them. Isaac had tried to turn up at her apartment and no one had answered, while Corbyn was trying to get ahold of the girl by text, also being ignored.

The girl had found herself just finishing an almost ten hour shift with her new job of waitressing, and was only just leaving the restaurant to walk back to her complex despite how dark it was outside.

She had been avoiding social media for the past few days, after seeing a few phones pointed towards the fight at the party, she assumed word would get around quickly and don't want to fall into the trap of looking at everyone's view about it, especially if they were to do with her.

But as she approached her apartment complex after a twenty minute walk, her pace slowly down as she stared at Corbyn's car just parked in front of the entrance, furrowing her eyebrows slightly before glancing to the door of the building.

And while she cautiously approached the door, the boy walked out of the building seeming like he was in a rush, stopping once he took notice of Kate.

"You don't live here," Kate told him as she folded her arms, watching him glance to the ground as he hands went into the pocket of his jeans.

"I just... I came to check up on you." He shrugged, "No one answered the door though so I was just going to try reach you through text, again."

"Yeah, Evie went out for the night." Kate nodded.

"Usually you're the one to do that." Corbyn replied.

"Don't really feel that safe going out," she shrugged.

"I'm sorry I said all that stuff a couple nights ago," he frowned, "I know I took it too far but I was just upset with what he was saying."

"He didn't know I told anyone," Kate admitted as the boy slowly nodded, "he threatened me to not tell anyone so that's why I said you weren't exactly helping."

"Yeah I know it wasn't helpful." He sighed, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine." She shook her head, "I haven't heard from him since then apart from Evie saying he keeps knocking on our door. Did you get hurt?"

"From what?"

"The fight."

"Oh." He paused, "nah, just a few bruises and small cuts, it wasn't anything too major. I didn't get to see what he took from it."

"I don't really care what happened to him." Kate shrugged as Corbyn looked at her confused, "what? You're my friend of course I care about you."

"Friend?" He raised his eyebrows, watching her back up to the door of her complex while she nodded.

"Thought we settled our bad blood ages ago." She tilted her head.

"We did." He nodded, the girl stopping to stare at him, "but we're not- we can't be just friends."

"Well why can't we?"

"Kate last week we had..," Corbyn threw his hands up before shaking his head and sighing, "are you alone in your apartment tonight?"

"Yeah." Kate nodded in response.

"...do you want to stay over?" Corbyn suggested, "just in case Isaac turns up."

"Just in case? Or do you just want to spend time with me?" She asked, "be honest."

"Both." He smiled slightly, "come to the studio with me and I'll show you some stuff."

"Like music stuff?"

"Obviously." He said through a small laugh.

"Wait there," Kate pointed to him, giving him a small smile before she walked into the complex and left the boy standing beside his car awkwardly.

And only a couple minutes later, Kate rushed out of the apartment building with an over-filled journal in her hand, giving the boy a smile before getting into his car.

Corbyn watched her do so with a confused look on his face, getting into the car and grabbing the journal out of her hands, "what's all this?"

"No," she replied, taking it back from him, "I'll show you it when we get to the studio."

"Ellie got fired." Corbyn said, putting on his seatbelt as he turned to look at the girl.

"How..?" Kate asked.

"Not sure." He shrugged, "I walked into the office and Daniel said Ellie got fired but he said he won't say how."

"Oh." She paused, "did she do something?"

"No idea, and I have no idea if this means they're going to try find another person to fake date or if they're going to try a different guy." Corbyn sighed, pulling away from the complex as Kate laughed slightly. 

"They're just making you look like a player."

"This is what I said." He laughed, "I look like a right idiot to the fans."

"That also might make it look sketchy." Kate shrugged, "just hopping from girl to girl."

"Yeah," he raised his eyebrows, "it's not a good look, but it's fine, I'll find out at the meeting in a few days."

"Hopefully they don't make you suffer anymore." She joked with a smile on her face, watching Corbyn slowly nod and glance to her.

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

next chapter is so🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺