061; happier than ever

INSTAGRAM

"GUYS," CORBYN CALLED OUT TO HIS FOUR BAND members as they were all sat in the studio, earning their attention as they turned to look at him.

"What?" Daniel asked.

"You know how I said Kate gave me all her songs," he began, watching them slowly nod while he disconnected his airpods from his laptop and turned to properly face them with a small smile, "we gotta get them out."

"Like produce them and release them?" Jonah tilted his head as Corbyn shook his head.

"She's already produced them." Corbyn said, "but i think we should just tweak them slightly and then we need to release them in a big album."

While Corbyn sat there with a smile, the four other boys glanced to one another before shuffling their chairs slightly closer to where he sat, each of them looking over his shoulder to his laptop screen.

"Tell us the song titles." Jack said.

"Okay uh," he paused before turning back to his laptop, "1 step forwards, 3 steps back uh, slower, happier than ever, i hope your miserable until your dead anddd save myself so far."

"So far?"

"She said she's done more." Corbyn shrugged.

"Wouldn't we have to get her to agree to this stuff before we did anything?" Zach asked as he scratched the back of his neck, "We can't just release it without telling her - and she needs to be signed to someone."

"Can't Randy be her manager too?" He looked at them all, "is that possible?"

"It might be." Jonah replied, "but you'd need him to agree, and he was the one who fired her and said not to contact her."

"Jonah," Daniel mumbled as he nudged his arm, looking to him before his raised his eyebrows.

"I thought you and Kate weren't on good terms." Jack said, moving away from Randy's feelings towards the girl as Corbyn shook his head.

"We have a date tomorrow." He said.

As Corbyn finished his sentence and focused on his laptop screen, the four boys sat behind him glanced to one another with their eyes widened, slowly shuffling slightly closer to him as Daniel smiled.

"A serious date?" He asked.

"Yeah like.. yeah an actual date." Corbyn nodded as he looked over his shoulder, "I asked her when she stayed the night."

"When did she stay the night?" Zach furrowed his eyebrows.

"...A few nights ago," he mumbled, "she said she has feelings for me so I-"

"Oh my god." Jack covered his mouth, "Corbyn's getting a girlfriend."

"Well, no I didn't say.. it's just a date." He frowned, "she always mentions she's not good with commitment so."

"Where are you going for this date?"

"Just a restaurant downtown." Corbyn told them all, watching them smile and nod, "okay.. what is up with you all?"

"What?" Daniel leaned back in his seat.

"Every time I mention Kate you all go weird." He explained, "are you paying her to like me?"

"Why would we... okay now that would be really rude of us." Jonah held his finger up as he shook his head, "we just think it's cute that you are doing all this for her."

"Especially when you hate her." Zach smiled.

"I don't hate her." Corbyn rolled his eyes, "I never did."

"She hated you." Jack mentioned.

"Katelyn hates everyone." He shrugged and folded his arms, "she's the most judgemental person I know."

"Then why do you like her?" Jonah asked.

"Because she's Kate." Corbyn slowly said with a small smile, "I don't know, I just like how she is... anyway moving on."

"That's cute." Daniel gave him a smile as Corbyn quickly nodded and grabbed his laptop.

"So I'll ask her about all the song stuff and if she does want to go for it because she said it's been like a long term dream of hers," the boy explained, "but if she needed to shoot a music video for one, we can use our connections right?"

"Probably." Jonah nodded, "I don't see why not."

"I'll note down the connections just-"

"Can we listen to one of her songs?" Daniel interrupted him, "so we can see how good it actually is, you keep hyping it up."

"Yeah sure, which one?"

"Just pick your favourite." Jack said.

"Alright," Corbyn nodded, scrolling through the girls few completed songs until he landed on his favourite, "this is happier than ever."

"Okay before you play it, what is it about?" Zach folded his arms as he leant forwards.

"You'll know when you listen." He shrugged, "it's very obvious who she is singing about - but this is the song I want out first, she needs people to hear this."

As they nodded and Corbyn hit play, he turned his volume all the way up and rested his laptop back on the table, allowing the song to play through as he nodded his head to the music and the boys sat behind him were closely listening.

And once the second half of the song had played all the way through, he instantly noticed their jaws all slightly dropped while they nodded in approval.

"I told you." He shrugged, "needs tweaking but it's so good."

"Definitely needs a little tweaking." Daniel said, "but for producing songs when you're not even an actual artist, that is amazing."

"So it's about Isaac," Zach said, "that's all I got from it."

"Zach you're so stupid, of course it is." Jack looked at the boy, "and I agree, she needs to release that."

"Okay, I will talk to her about it and let her know." Corbyn smiled and nodded.

"That's insane, I didn't know she can sing that well." Jonah mumbled, "why didn't she tell us?"

"Probably too focused on hating Corbyn." Zach shrugged with a small laugh.

"True." Corbyn nodded.

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

YOU MADE ME HATE THIS CITYYYYYY