075; so he's your boyfriend

INSTAGRAM

corbynbesson, eviebrock and 204,928 others liked this post

kateemerson: happier than ever is out now! thank you for all your love & support throughout this process🤍 it's a song very personal to me and from my own past experiences so i hope you love it as much as i do, thank you <3

view all comments

seaveydaniel: pls write songs for our band
↳ username: u know she's good bc daniel's an insane songwriter

username: ITS SO GOOD. WHAT RHE FUCK

username: kate. that song is insane.

corbynbesson: you crazy girl
↳ username: such a corbyn sentence
↳ username: omg

eviebrock: ok now i want ihymuyd
↳ username: EVIE WHATS RHE ABBREVIATION
kateemerson: sh be patient pls

username: ok new fan bc that was AMAZING

willtaylor: it's insane kate. i'm so proud
↳ username: awww
kateemerson: thank you will <3

username: the lyrics :( stop i hurt for her omg

corbynbesson: hi katelyn
↳ username: katelyn 😏
kateemerson: hi corbyn
corbynbesson: hot thang
↳ username: WHAT

username: CORBYN'S COMMNET???

username: ur insane. i'm now in love with you.
↳ username: no bc same

sophiuh: IM SO PROUS OF YOU LIKE SO PROUD IH. MY GOD IRS SO GOOD
↳ username: ...soph babe
↳ username: IM

––––

THIRD PERSON.

AFTER A SUCCESSFUL SMALL RELEASE PARTY WITH Kate's new and old friend group, everyone had left by about four that morning and after Evie fell asleep on the sofa after one too many glasses of wine, Kate found herself at one of her favourite clubs.

Sitting on a table by herself and the few small groups dotted around the floor, desperately trying to keep their night out alive, the girl was staring at her drink while she sighed, unsure of how to handle her emotions.

Of course she was happy for her release and her first song, but after the surprise visit from her parents hour before, Kate was contemplating the big jump she had made. Stuck in a predicament of what was more beneficial for her.

Picking up her drink and bringing it to her mouth, her eyes glanced to across the table as a guy suddenly sat down opposite her, his arms folded and rested on the surface as she looked back down to her glass.

"You here by yourself?" Isaac asked her.

"No," she replied, placing her drink down and folding her arms, "my friends went to the bathroom."

"Evie's going to be at a club at six in the morning? Don't kid yourself." Isaac told her, "usually you leave them by-"

"Yeah i'm waiting for other friends, not Evie."

"They've been a while."

"Then I better go check on them." She sighed, grabbing her phone and bag as she sat up properly.

"Is this how you're celebrating your song release?" He titled his head as Kate turned to look at him, "I listened to it."

"Clearly not the last lyric," she shrugged.

"I have been leaving you alone," he laughed, "I saw you sat by yourself and I got concerned."

"Okay." Kate said, "and i'm fine, so you can go."

"...your song labels me as the bad guy." Isaac said.

"I know." She nodded, "I wrote it."

"You're just not going to tell the world about the time you hurt me?" He raised his eyebrows, "when I got a broken bottle thrown at me?"

"The bottle you broke?" Kate looked at him confused.

"By accident." He frowned, "I can get help for my problems Kate, at least i'm admitting I have issues."

"It's not a flex."

"I can get therapy." He said, "i want to be better for you, why don't you-"

"I have better." She interrupted him as he paused, his face falling while he turned to look at her, "I don't want you anymore, I have someone."

With Isaac still sat in silence, Kate sighed once again as she placed her phone into her bag, finishing off the rest of her drink and placing the glass to one side.

"Corbyn." He quickly spoke up.

"It doesn't matter who it is."

"He's the same guy who turned you against me just so he could have you," Isaac explained, "the same guy that slept with you while I was stood outside the room."

"He's bad news." He continued, watching the girl sigh and roll her eyes before standing up and heading towards the exit of the club.

With a huff of frustration, Isaac decided to stand up and follow her to the door while throwing his hands up in anger, "so he's your boyfriend?"

"It doesn't matter what he is." Kate shook her head.

"You have fun with your music career then," he said, "don't come crying to me when it goes wrong or he fucks it up."

"Isaac," Kate stopped as she turned around to face him, "go home, I don't care."

"I have no way of getting home." The boy shrugged.

"What do you mean you don't-"

"My car got taken away." He replied, "I couldn't pay for it."

"Then get an uber."

"I don't have money."

"Did you drink in the club?" She asked.

"Yeah I used the last of my money." He laughed slightly, "I'm trying to work on this Kate, give me a chance. I could be so much better for you when I'm sober and problem free."

Giving him a glare, she soon reached into her bag and walked over to him, grabbing a twenty dollar note from her purse and placing it into his hands, "uber."

"I told you i'm lost without you." Isaac mentioned, "I don't know what I'd do without you, I can pay you back for this."

"Don't," she said, turning away from him and beginning her walk home.

"Are you going to be alright? You seem a little unstable." Isaac said with another frown, "where are you going? Do you need an uber?"

With no reply from the girl as she continued to walk away from the conversation, Isaac glanced down to the money he was just given before raising his eyebrows once and grabbing his phone from pocket, glancing to his ex girlfriend one last time.

୨୧🔪·🛒˚.)

A/N

thoughts and theories go