033; five little sweethearts

THIRD PERSON.

FROM PICKING KATE UP FROM HER PLACE TO GETTING through the airport, the girl had barely spoke a word to anyone. There was a little small talk in Corbyn's car and a few times she had laughed at something Jack had said, but no further reaction was shown.

Which meant, of course, as the six of them boarded the plane and Corbyn sat down beside Kate, the two were sat in awkward silence as she was sighing and staring out of the window.

Through take off and the safety talk, neither of them spoke a word to each other as Corbyn was in the middle of a conversation with Daniel just sat across the aisle from him. Kate occupied herself with a notebook and pen, drawing aimlessly across the page.

Finally, about 30 minutes into the flight when Daniel had suddenly fallen asleep, Corbyn turned himself to Kate and took notice of the small doodles across the page.

"What are you doing?"

"Venting." She replied.

"I'm a little confused on what you're venting about." Corbyn said, "am I supposed to understand these doodles?"

"Nope because it's how I interpret my issues." Kate said, keeping her eyes on the paper and no tone in her voice as she spoke.

"...Are you okay?" Corbyn eventually asked with a concerted expression on his face, the pen stopping on the paper as she looked up at him, "you've been off since you got back from that party."

"I'm fine." Kate shrugged, "I just have a lot on my mind."

"Like what?"

"None of your business." She told him as he shook his head and laughed slightly, "i'm only here because I lost bowling."

"It's for the media." Corbyn replied.

"Then why can't I have my phone?" Kate asked as he paused for a moment before his face slowly went a subtle shade of red, "don't I need to post things for people to see we're both here?"

"Well uh.. Fletcher.."

"He's not going to be in New York." She shook her head, "any other argument you got?"

"Fans." Corbyn nodded.

"How are they gonna come looking for us if no one posts anything?" Kate tilted her head, "I think you're losing this argument."

"Alright you can post something about us all being here when we land, that's it." Corbyn looked at her as she nodded, "Then we are taking your phone for a week."

"Sounds fair to me." Kate replied as Corbyn slowly nodded, "just thought if it was for the media, the media would have to know."

"Yeah." He mumbled, "of course they do."

"Bit worried about Evie being on her own for so long," Kate continued, not noticing the frown now on the boys face as he sighed, "I'm usually her main source of entertainment."

"I'm sure she'll survive for eight days Kate." Corbyn said, "I think she'll enjoy the peace and quiet."

"I'm not even that loud." She argued, "I can be quiet if I need to be. I'm more worried about how I'll cope with five guys for a week."

"I'm sure your venting notebook can help with that." The boy smiled as Kate glared at him, "is that not the point of it?"

"It's more for things outside of work." She said as his smile fell.

"Are the guys not your friends?" He asked, "we're more than just work partners."

"This trip is just for work." Kate shrugged, "for the media..?"