003; this is kate

THIRD PERSON.

A FEW DAYS AFTER THE DISCUSSION BETWEEN corbyn and his new fake relationship, it eventually came down to the day of meeting his new 'girlfriend' and finding out who his management has set him up with.

The other four guys were completely unaware of who had been chosen too, and that they were just as curious as the boy sat in the middle of the table with his arms folded and a blank expression on his face, hoping that it'd be someone he could get along well with.

"You look extremely deep in your thoughts Corbyn."
Jack spoke up, the four boys glancing over his direction as Corbyn slowly nodded.

"I'm just trying to think of who it could be." He shrugged, looking at the four, "I'm not nervous, I'm just worried that it'll be someone I don't get along with, someone I don't connect with, you know?"

"You get along with everyone," Zach replied.

"Mostly everyone," he corrected the boy, "Some people I absolutely hate."

"Not us," Daniel smiled, "I hope."

"Not you, obviously." Corbyn said through a small laugh before he stood up, grabbing his phone from the counter, "I'm gonna go to the vending machine and get a drink, i'll be back."

The four of them gave him a nod as he walked out of the room that was soon going to be used for a meeting, heading down the hall and around a few corners to where half a dozen vending machines were stood.

The boy was dreading the meeting, and was desperate to put it off for as long as possible just so he didn't have to meet the girl that he'd be forced to fake date for as long as Randy would want him to.

But with wanting to satisfy his management and not wanting to cause any trouble while they were on their break from social media, he knew that he'd have to go along with it no matter who he had been matched up with, for the happiness of everyone else but his own.

So while he was staring through the glass that separated himself and the drinks stacked up in the machine, a girl walked up to the one to the left of him, doing the exact same thing he was.

Glancing over at her quickly, Corbyn immediately took a second glance as he noticed she had been someone he'd seen multiple times before from his high school years, a girl he hoped to never see again.

"Kate?" He spoke up as she turned to look at him.

"Do they not have any white claw in these machines?" She asked him, folding her arms and looking back at the selection of drinks, "I wanted an energy drink not soda."

"Why the fuck are you here?" Corbyn replied, ignoring the question she had just asked before the girl gave him a smile and shrugged.

"I work here."

"As what?"

"Answer my question about white-"

"How the fuck did you get a job here?" Corbyn interrupted her, turning his body fully towards her as he laughed slightly, "You barely graduated."

"Harsh." She raised her eyebrows, backing away from both his and the vending machines, "I have my ways."

"Whose job did you sabotage to fill their place?"

"Wow, Besson." Kate laughed, "You think so highly of me."

"Quit your job, i'm not working with a low life like you Emerson," he replied, turning back to the vending machines and hearing her continue to laugh while she walked further and further away from the boy.

After he grabbed himself a drink and made his way back to the meeting room, Corbyn's confused expression almost instantly grabbed the attention of the people already sat in the room.

"Did you know Kate works here now?" Corbyn asked, gesturing to outside of the room, "The one I hate, from my high school?"

"Does she?" Jonah replied, "Maybe she didn't know you are under this label."

"I don't know what she works as though," Corbyn rolled his eyes as he took a seat, "And I hope she quits because there's no way I'm ever seeing her in this building again."

"Gentlemen," Jon said as he walked into the room, disrupting their previous conversation and grabbing the attention of those already sat down.

"Why are we here when it's about Corbyn?" Daniel folded his arms, "That's the only question I have."

"Randy just wants you all here to go over a few things," Jon shrugged, standing to the side of the room as Randy soon walked in.

"Right, as you're aware," Randy began, "With the break and all, it's important we still keep up the attention from the media and with that, a fake relationship could work quite well, especially since Corbyn is rumoured to be single."

"Aren't people just going to think I'm cheating?" He tilted his head, folding his arms as he leant back in his seat, "No one has actually confirmed the rumours."

"That'll soon be confirmed," he shrugged, "Anyway, we looked through people you've been in contact with in the past and we did find someone we think Corbyn will get along with."

"So," Randy continued, opening the door to the office room and taking a few steps to the side as Kate walked through the door, leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed and one ankle over the other, "This is Kate."

Within seconds, Corbyn's face fell while his band members glanced towards him, silence filling the room as a small smirk grew on the girl's face.

"I heard that you haven't spoken in a while so I think it'll be good to catch up with each other," Randy suggested, nodding his head towards the door for the rest of the band members to leave, "But I do think this is the best match for you."

"Are you sure we should let them catch up or..?" Jack asked, watching Randy nod as they all walked out of the room.

As everyone left the room and walked past the girl still stood by the doorway, she eventually took a step into the room as the door slammed shut, the boy watching her take a seat as the opposite end of the table from him.

"Miss me?"

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

i'm not gonna lie, i'm gonna fucking love
writing kate