Part 25

"What's the plan!" Mr.Hartman said back to Miss.Rose a bit snotty. "You are not involved in this!" He yelled. I eyed him trying to get him to stop. This could cost him his job.  "Mr.Hartman, I understand this is a lot to handle, so I will do as you wish." Miss Rose stated calmly. "I hope you succeed." Was what she said before walking out the door. "Mr.Hartman! You could have lost your job!" I scolded. "But I didn't did I." He replied slyly. I rolled my eyes. James looked shocked. "So what is the plan?" James spoke up. "A plan for what!?" I yelled. I had had enough of people trying to plan out or think my like is some covert operation. "A plan to set things right and put your parents in their place." Mr.Hartman said harshly. "Great so what do we do, my life is not some battleground!" I yelled at the already ploting guys. "Piper, we understand how you feel, but something needs to happen." Mr.Hartman spat back. "Why so hissy?" I thought to myself. "Whatever." I hissed back in a similar tone. "Guys stop fighting!" James yelled. I shot him a death look. "Sorry." He immediately backed down. "Why are you so on edge!?" I questioned Mr.Hartman.  "Piper,I'm not "on edge"." He snapped. "Then what is your problem?!" I snorted at him.  "I just want you safe!" He admitted finally. I groaned a bit. "Then why didn't you say that to begin with?" I asked cocking my head. "I'm not really sure." Mr.Hartman said scratching his head.  "It does not matter, we need to do something, like call the authoritys or confront them ourselves." I told him flat out. "I want to help in whatever we do." James stepped up. "Thanks James." I smiled. "I say we take matters into our own hands." Mr.Hartman had finalized our plans. We would confront my good for nothing parents once and for all.

************************************

The next day was a blur. Everything went by quickly and without memory. Then it was an hour before I was to return home again. I got nervous. Panic shot through me. I was staying at the Meers again, no going back now. Mr.Hartman arrived shortly after and discussed the plans with Mr. And Mrs. Meer. "We will not be violent with them, we just want to talk and get things straighted out." He told them with complete honesty. I suggested we keep it civil with them, the dont respond well to anything, but they really dont respond well to violence. We left shortly after the meeting with the Meers. I could not believe after all this time I was going back. It brought back chilling memories, like when I was 4 and I got beaten for attempting to make a picture for my mom. I was 4 the people barely had a head. My mother being a drunk, had kicked me and told me I was untalented and no good. We were only a few blocks away. Another memory rose up from when I was 7 and I was starves for 2 days for, I'm not even sure. Being there I guess. It was one Saturday and Sunday. I showed up to school the next morning begging my teachers for food. You'd think something would have been done then, but I guess I was 7 and always begging for food. They knew I had a rough how life. We pulled up into the unpaved driveway. The small white house was still a wreck. We walked up to the door and rang the bell. "This is it Piper." James whisper putting his arm around my middle. "I guess it is." I said taking his hand. Mr.Hartman looked at us strangely. I jumped when I heard the doors lock click open and the familer face of my mother sneering at me.