Part 11

Where was I.... Oh yeah, to find the cutest puppy staring back at me. It was so adorable! The dog was a black lab. It was shaking and had that guilty dog look on his adorable smushed up face. "Awwe!" I exclaimed rushing over to the dog. I then slowed myself, remembering that this dog was not mine, yet. "Come here puppy, puppy, puppy." I said sweetly and calmly extending my hand to the scared dog. It gradulay came to sniff my hand. Finally after a few minutes of continued sniffing and licking of my hand, the black puppy finally let out a happy yip, and lept up into my arms. "Ruff, bark!" The happy puppy wagged his tail while licking my face. "Ah! Stop stop!" I giggled I set the puppy down, and to my surprise he followed me, almost attached to my heels. "You are to cute puppy!" I said happily picking him up. She, (yes I found out it was a she) licked my face and started wagging her long pointed tail. I noticed when as she did this he butt wagged with the tail, it was adorable. I laughed so hard, making her bark and nip playfully at my nose. She needed a name, or pretty soon it would be puppy. And I wanted her to have a name to fit with her utter cuteness. I notices while she attacked my face that her eyes were two different colors. The right eye was an ice blue, and the other a seafoam green sort of thing. This made the small black dog even more gorgeous. They reminded me of the beach. The blue water and the wavey seaweed floating gracefully on top. I looked over at the dog, who was now trying to attack a worm. She flipped and flopped all over, trying to get the darn thing, before giving up and trotting back over to me. That's when it struck me. "I know just what to call you!" I told the dog who started panting excitedly. I will call you Bean!" "Grruf! Bean barked at me happily as she ran in circles. I would call her this because she looked like a bean. She just looked so small and cute, and her eyes were the colors of my 2 favorite JellyBelly jelly beans, Spearmint and blueraspberry. So I I was going to call her jelly bean but I thought Bean would be so much cuter. "Do you like that Bean!" I laughed at the yapping puppy. Almost in response she lept up into my arms.  "Good girl Beany!" I said cooing at the dog as it slobbered all over my face. I noticed that Bean had a collar on. My mood dropped. She had an owner, and they were probably missing their dog, I would have to return my sweet Bean. Then I looked closer. She had no tags. But she had some. They had been tugged off. The yellow collar with orange bones frayed where Bean's dog tags had been. Apperantly someone had wanted Bean but then decided they did not. What a terrible thing to do to such a sweet little puppy!!! "You did not deserve this Bean!" I said hugging the dog. Then I stopped, I realized that my parents had done the (almost) exact thing to me. Me and Bean were abandoned together. And we finally had each other. "I'm so lucky I have you Bean." I whispered into the puppies ear. It was getting dark. I had not realized the time I had spent with Bean. I took Bean back to the tent and crawled inside after her. I was so tried. I layed down on my side, cuddled up in blankets. Bean curled up next to me, in the dip from my chest to my stomach. "Goodnight Bean!" I whispered to her. She wiggled closer to me in response. We both fell into an easy sleep.