Part 9

I woke up the next morning feeling rested and refreshed. I knew that I had a handle on the living alone in the woods problem. I was going to be fine and my life was going to turn out amazing. As I really woke up, I realized that my hair was still in its braid and it still looked okay. It felt a bit chilly, even through the tent. I kept my sweat pants on and through on a navy blue long sleeve shirt, it was a bit tight, but no one was here anyway. I went to go outside but I was stopped in my tracks by a growl or a yell I'm not sure. I slowly zipped up the the little of the tent door I had unzipped and slowly made my way to one of the plastic windows. I peered out, I would be fine nothing out there can hurt me, right now. When I looked out I saw a huge black bear, eating the food I had tied up. "Oh my god!" I exclaimed whispering. I shuffled to the other side of the tent careful not to make a sound. I had no way to chase the bear off. I was not going out there to be eaten by a bear! But fear did a funny thing. I grabbed a bottle of bug spray and my stick and went running oylut of the tent. "Hey bear!" I screamed at the creature. "I'm not afraid of you!" With this the bear got down on all fours. It was extremly large and extremely angry. "Take this!" I screamed as I sparayed the bug spray in and on his nose, yes I was very close to the bear. "Rawwhr!" The bear whined. It went running away, I was very pleased with myself. That's when the adrenaline I had rushed out of me. I stood there shaking and crying, my hands covered my chapped lips as I sobbed. I could have been killed! What was I thinking!! The fear kicked in again. I threw up all of the contents in my stomach, I dont even know why, I've never fear pucked before! I had the water in my tent though thank the gods, I got a drink of water in the small green tent, and calmed down. "Piper, what were you thinking!?" I said frustrated in myself. I had absolutely no clue why I did that. The bear could have mauled me! Then the horrible rumors that must have started now via my mother would be true. I went outside to evaluate my food situation. Almost everything was eaten. Only 2 cans of soup untouched by the bear remained. "This can't be happening!!" Yelled outraged. "Piper how could you let this happen!!" I was so dissapointed. I put the soup inside the tent, and went to eat a handful of raspberries. I want the soup to last as long as possible, for now it was the only form of protein I had, for now at least.