Chapter 46

Hey everyone, new chapter here. I'm sorry it's took so long but here you go. This chapter is gonna be short but not to worry I have another chapter coming up right after which will be longer.

No one's pov

For the past two days Klaus had been trying to get through to Caroline to apologize to her for not mentioning the dinner she was invited too and for declining because she apparently had something on that day which she didn't.

Caroline was upset with Klaus, she wouldn't have minded going to dinner to meet his parents, her friends weren't so why couldn't she? Because Klaus didn't want to bring her for some reason, well at least that's what she seems to think. 

"Caroline open the door, we have to talk!" Klaus yelled through the door as he knocked loudly, Caroline sighed as she got up from the couch and made her way to the door. She opened the door and found him standing there with a look of annoyance on his face.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" he asks "you know why Klaus!" Caroline shot back with huff as she crossed her arms "look I'm sorry I didn't tell you and I'm sorry I made an excuse to my mother about why you couldn't come to the dinner" he apologized and Caroline just looked down.

"Why'd you lie? What was so bad about bringing me to meet your parents? Your brothers had no problem bringing Davina and Katherine along so why did you seem to have a problem?" she questioned "I didn't have a problem with it" he insisted making her scuff. "That's bullshit, of course there was a problem because if there wasn't a problem then you would've told me about the dinner but you didn't so tell me Klaus why did you keep it from me?!" Caroline snapped making him sigh as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Are you ashamed of me Klaus? Do you not like me? Is that why you didn't want me to meet your parents?" Caroline rambled making Klaus instantly shake his head as a frown appeared on his face. "Of course not love. I'm not ashamed of you and the reason why I lied and kept it from you isn't anything to do with you really" Klaus explained "then if I'm not the reason there was a problem about bringing me to the dinner to meet your parents then who or what was?" she asked feeling a bit calmer now that she had at least somewhat got an answer from him.

"It was my step father okay? My step father he and I don't have the best relationship, he hates my guts and makes it his mission to make my life miserable so I was scared that if I brought you along just when I had not long since got you that he would mess it all up and scare you away" Klaus explained "do you really think that little of me that you would think I'd do a runner just because of your step father?" Caroline questioned looking sad at the thought.

"No of course not, I was just afraid of losing you. I didn't want anything to come between us especially my step father" Klaus replied "well you see that's the thing, you say you didn't want anything coming between us but you did, you let your step father get between us all because you were scared and had very little trust in me" Caroline pointed out making him look ashamed. "I'm so sorry love, I didn't mean to hurt you. Please forgive me, I'll never lie or hide anything from you again, I'll do anything" Klaus pleaded "Klaus I already forgave you, I just wanted to know why you kept it from me and why you lied" Caroline replied making him sigh in relief.

The two hugged and kissed in a tender manner before pulling away and just looking into each others eyes "will you still come to the wedding with me?" Klaus asked "yes" Caroline replied with a smile on her face before they headed into her house to make up.

End of chapter

Klaus apologised to Caroline and explained why he lied and kept the dinner invite from Caroline. They are still going to the wedding together. What will happen next?

Vote and comment