Chapter 37

One day later.....

No one's pov

Klaus had flown back to LA after filming was put on hold after Caroline quit. He said he was going to replace her but he couldn't not when they were almost done and it just wouldn't feel right.

So Klaus had come back to LA to meet up with his brothers and think of what to do next. He could easily go to Caroline and apologize but Klaus was stubborn and he was never one to apologize.

Klaus was now walking up the driveway of Elijah's house when the door opened "Elijah grumpy's here" Kol called out over his shoulder "oh piss off Kol" Klaus grumbled as he shoved past Kol. "Wow what's gotten up your arse?" Kol asked as he shut the door behind him looking at his brother with a raised eyebrow.

"Women" Klaus mumbled making Kol smirk "is this about Caroline?" he asked earning a glare from his brother "do not speak of her!" he snapped as Elijah approached them. "Easy now Klaus there's no need to snap. Something is clearly bothering you and judging from that reaction it does involve Caroline" Elijah said placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I didn't come here to talk about what's bothering me. I'm here because we have to go for a suit fitting for Finn and Sarah's wedding" Klaus replied not wanting to talk about it especially to his brothers who were dating Caroline's two best friends.

"Well tough you will spill otherwise me and Kol will find out from our girlfriends" Elijah replied Katherine and Davina hadn't said anything to them about what happened out of respect for Caroline and because he's their brother. 

"Fine" Klaus grumbled as they headed into the living room "so spill, what's gotten you in such a pissy mood?" Kol asked as he sat down. "Filming has been suspended for the time being" Klaus replied making his brothers frown "why? What's happened?" Elijah asked as he knew this movie was a big deal for Klaus because it was his novel that he was turning into a movie and he saw it as his chance to prove himself to Mikael.

"Caroline quit" Klaus explained "why?" Kol asked "I don't know, she was fine one minute and then she just freaked out on me for no reason" he replied not able to wrap his head around why Caroline reacted the way she did, he was very oblivious to the reason. "Well why don't you tell us what happened leading up to when she freaked out on you" Elijah suggested knowing he was missing out something. 

"Well as you know we had been having sex but with no strings attached" Klaus explained and Kol scoffed "yeah, that doesn't end well for anybody" he retorted earning a glare from Klaus. "I'm not done talking!" he snapped not liking being interrupted "anyway, I came to her to confront her as she had been avoiding me completely, she switched hotel rooms and refused to tell me where she was staying. She ignored my calls and whenever I tried to approach her at the end of shooting, she'd run off so I wanted to find out why" he explained with a sigh as he looked down.

"She said she was avoiding me because the only reason why I talk to her is either because of the movie or I want sex and she accused me of having sex with another girl" he explained "and were you sleeping with another girl?" Kol asked knowing the answer already by the look on his face. "I was but it had nothing to do with Caroline" Klaus replied "okay why were you even sleeping with another girl in the first place? One is fine but sleeping around with two different girls isn't right" Elijah criticised "I'm not dating Caroline so I can sleep with whoever I want" Klaus defended making his brothers roll their eyes.

"Was there anything more to your relationship with Caroline other than sex or was that it?" Kol asked "she was never bad company and she was far better than Aurora I can tell you that" Klaus replied "did you care about Caroline?" Elijah asked "yes but what has this got anything to do with why she freaked out on me and quit?" Klaus questioned still oblivious to the fact Caroline liked him.

"It has everything to do with it. Look maybe Caroline was avoiding you for a reason and maybe that reason is she felt like you were only using her" Elijah said "I wasn't using her, I respect her and I enjoyed being co-workers with her" Klaus replied "yeah co-workers who were banging each other" Kol remarked earning a scowl from his brother. 

"How did Caroline react when she learned about you sleeping with another girl?" Elijah asked "she was angry as she hated her" Klaus replied "why did Caroline hate her?" Kol asked "well she was an extra on the movie and Caroline thought she was trying to steal her spotlight by sleeping with me" Klaus explained "and was she?" Elijah asked "I don't know, I never saw her do anything suspicious. She always seemed so nice" Klaus replied "sometimes that's what a girl wants you to think. Remember Aurora use to act all nice before she revealed her crazy side" Kol responded making his brother scowl.

"Don't bring her up" Klaus grumbled so Kol just held his hands up in defense "were there any altercations between Caroline and this girl that caught your attention?" Elijah asked "well there was one. Me and Jade that's the name of the girl I was sleeping with. Anyway we were flirting and Caroline stormed over looking very angry and she punched Jade for no reason and when I tried to calm her down but she pushed me away and stormed off" Klaus explained looking at his brothers who somewhat knew that Caroline liked him but they never said anything.

"What happened after that?" Elijah asked "Jade started screaming and crying that she was going to press charges against Caroline and ruin her so I tried to keep her quiet by taking her out on a date" Klaus explained making his brothers sigh "oh you are a fucking idiot" Kol said bluntly "excuse me?" Klaus replied not looking to happy about being called an idiot.

"The bitch played you, she was clearly out to sabotage Caroline by sleeping with you to try and get things going her way. Every bloody bloke knows that trick" Kol explained "Jade wasn't playing me, she's a sweet girl" Klaus defended "tell me, what happened after Caroline quit?" Elijah asked and Klaus just sighed  "Jade seemed a lot happier and she kept asking my directing assistant about Caroline's replacement and kept giving me hints that she knew someone much better than Caroline to play the lead" Klaus explained before silently cursing.

"Look we're not going to judge you, we all make mistakes and trust me we've made a lot of them in the past but this Jade girl screwed with you and Caroline felt like she was being used because all you ever talked to her about is the movie or sex" Kol spoke up making Klaus narrow his eyes at him. "How do you know she felt like that?" he asked "my girlfriend is one of her best friends and when she's worried about one of her friends she tells me because she trusts me" Kol explained "I didn't know Caroline felt like that" Klaus replied in a miffed tone.

"Has it ever occured to you that maybe Caroline didn't just react the way she did because of this Jade girl but also because she likes you?" Elijah questioned "no, Caroline doesn't like me" Klaus replied shaking his head "and how do you know that?" Kol asked "because she doesn't. Caroline is too good for me so she can't possibly like me" Klaus explained "well I agree she is too good for you. Hell my girlfriend is too good for me but if they like us then we're bloody lucky" Kol replied before leaning forward.

"Look I've never personally liked any of the girls you've been with but Caroline is a good one and you'd be an idiot if you let her slip through your fingers" he added surprising both of his brothers with his honesty. "He's right, for a while I tried to resist Katherine because I believed it wasn't right plus there was Cassandra but now I'm with Katherine and I've never been happier" Elijah spoke up "it just begs the question on whether or not you like Caroline back" Kol said "of course I like her. How could I not?" Klaus replied "then get off your arse and go get her before some other guy snatches her up and try and get her to finish the movie" Kol advised before leaving the room to get himself a drink.

"Since when did he give out good advice on girls and relationships?" Klaus asked "since he started dating Davina. That girl really makes him happy" Elijah replied "speaking of which, what about you and Katherine?" he asked "I already told you I've never been happier. Katherine brings out a playful side of me and I don't feel so stressed" Elijah explained "that's good. Well I should get going and speak to Caroline" Klaus replied as he stood up "good luck" Elijah replied before leading Klaus to the front door and seeing him off.

End of chapter.

Kol, Elijah and Klaus had a brotherly talk about girls. Kol's become ever so wise about relationships. Will Klaus and Caroline get together? What will happen next?

Vote and comment