Chapter 61

Four weeks later....

Davina's pov

"Davina Claire?" the nurse asks making me and Kol stand up at the mention of my name "here" I say "follow me" she says turning on her heal and walking away so I follow after her but not before slipping my hand in Kol's due to the amount of nerves I'm feeling. Today I'm having my first scan of the baby so I'm a little nervous but also excited to finally get a glimpse of my baby.

Me and Kol follow the nurse into the room "okay so if you just lie down on the bed and lift up your shirt" she instructs after shutting the door. I let go of Kol's hand and walk over to the medical bed and get on it and lie down before pulling up my shirt.

Kol pulls up a chair beside the bed and sits down, grabbing hold of my hand as the nurse walks over and switches on the monitor. She picks up a wand thing along with a tube and squirts some gel onto my belly making me shiver as the gel is a little cold.

The nurse places the wand against my belly and gently starts moving it around making me tighten my grip on Kol's hand. The nurse is looking at the monitor as she moves the wand around on my belly before stopping and she taps at the keyboard under the monitor.

"Here we are" she says before turning the monitor my way so I can see and I smile feeling tears prick my eyes as I see my baby on the screen "that's our baby?" Kol asks "yes, it's quit the wiggle bum from the looks of it" she says making me giggle as we watch the baby shift and move on the screen.

"Oh they're sucking their thumb now" she says as the baby brings a hand to its mouth and starts sucking his or her thumb "that's so cute" I say with a smile "your baby seems to be growing nicely and is quite healthy with a very good heartbeat" she says as she turns the machine off.

"That's great" I respond and she nods "I'll just go and print off a copy or two of the scan for you to take home" she says getting up before leaving the room. "I can't believe we just saw our baby" Kol says making me look to him and I see his eyes are a little glossy with tears "I know, it was amazing and I can't wait to actually met our baby, to hold him or her in my arms" I say making him smile and he leans down, kissing my knuckle making me smile.

He looks up as the nurse reenters with an envelope containing copies of the scan picture "here are the scan pictures. I will just book you in for your next scan which will be in 6 weeks when you'll be 18 weeks" she explains handing Kol the envelope with the scan pictures while handing me a small cloth to wipe my stomach with as I sit up.

"Thank you" I say as I pull my shirt down and get off the medical bed "you're very welcome" she says handing me a slip of paper with the date and time of my next scan along with my doctors notes which document my pregnancy.

The nurse leads me and Kol out the room and we exit the hospital only to be bombarded by flashing cameras making me stumble back in Kol's arms. "Davina! Kol what are you two doing at the hospital?!" a man yells at us as Kol tries to guide me away, keeping his arm wrapped around my waist as he holds me against his side in a protective manner.

"Is one of you sick?!" "Are one of your family or friends sick?!" "What are you hiding?!" question after question is yelled and I can feel Kol getting pissed off while I'm starting to feel stressed. "Can you please just back up and back off?!" Kol snaps "we just want to leave thank you" he says before leading me over to the car as the crowd of paps part to let us leave.

We get to his car and quickly get in "bloody wankers" Kol curses glaring at them through the rearview mirror "how'd they find out we were here?" I ask making him sigh "I don't know love but are you okay?" he asks looking at me with concern in his eyes making me smile "I'm fine, just a little shook up" I respond as he places a hand on my knee making me smile.