Chapter 60

Three weeks later....

Kol's pov

Me and Davina are having dinner with my brothers and Caroline and Katherine to tell them about her pregnancy. We wanted to keep her pregnancy a secret for a few weeks until we both felt ready to tell them, well Davina initially wanted to tell Caroline and Katherine right away as they are her best friends and they tell each other everything but she thought it would be best to wait until we had our first appointment with her midwife.

We actually met her midwife two days after Davina found out she was pregnant and she's a really sweet lady, she's in her mid 50's and has been a midwife for a little over 20 years and has successfully delivered so many babies over the years so Davina is quite pleased to have her as a midwife.

Her midwife had advised us to wait until she's passed the 12 week mark in her pregnancy before telling anyone since the risks of miscarriage decreases after 12 weeks however she said if we wanted too we could tell a small group of people. So we decided to tell Caroline and Katherine and my brothers and sisters except for Finn since I don't feel comfortable telling him as I just know he will go announce the news to our parents and I want to be the one to tell them.

Instead of telling them at some restaurant, me and Davina decided to invite them over to my house where we will tell them the news. Davina is in charge of making the food since she wanted to do that as she likes to cook while I'm in charge of setting the table.

Also for the occasion I had bought some champagne to celebrate, of course Davina won't be drinking any since she's pregnant but I got her some alcoholic free champagne so she won't feel too left out.

I walk into the kitchen where Davina is cooking "hmm that smells delicious babe" I say inhaling the heavenly smell of the food she's cooking. "Thank you" she replies looking over her shoulder at me and flashing me a smile as I head over to the cupboard where I keep medical stuff, band aids, pain killers etc. "Have you taken your vitamins today?" I ask seeing Davina's pregnancy vitamins in the cupboard "yes, of course I have" she replies "good, just checking" I respond shutting the cupboard.

Davina's spent a lot of time at my house since we discovered she was pregnant, she has gone back to her mom's occasionally but she's here most of the time, she practically lives here which I don't mind, you know I want my girlfriend here with me.

I like waking up to her every morning and seeing her beautiful face, I like cooking breakfast for her and having breakfast in bed or just spending the day in bed with her cuddling and watching movies which we do on Sunday's since neither of us really work on a Sunday. Now since we're having a baby together, it makes sense for us to live together so I would like her to permanently live here but I'm trying to figure out how to address the subject with her.

"I feel you staring, what's up?" Davina asks turning to look at me "nothing, you just look so pretty today you're glowing" I say with a smile as her cheeks turn pink as a little twinkle appears in her eyes as a smile graces her lips. 

She's wearing a light blue flowy top and black leggings with her hair pulled up into a ponytail with two loose strands hanging down the side of her face "why don't you go and get changed and I'll finish up dinner? My brothers and the girls will be here soon" I suggest walking up behind her and wrapping my arms around her from behind as I plant a kiss in the crook of her neck.

"Hmm okay, it'll be done in a few minutes anyway" she replies turning around in my arms and giving me a little peck on the lips making me smile as I release her from my arms allowing her to leave the kitchen as I start tending to the food while she gets changed.