Chapter 39

Continues from previous chapter....

No one's pov

Klaus arrived at Katherine's house and made his way up the driveway and as he did, he began to feel a bit nervous knowing this could go two ways. Either Caroline will forgive him and be his girlfriend or she'll reject his apology and never want to speak to him again.

Klaus reached the door and knocked three times before pulling his hand back. Not even a minute later the door opens revealing Katherine to be the one that answered it. Katherine narrowed her eyes at Klaus "what are you doing here?" she asked in a sharp tone with a hand on her hip.  "I'm here to see Caroline" Klaus responded making Katherine snort "I highly doubt she wants to see you right now" she retorted as she leaned against the door frame.

"Look I don't want to cause any trouble. I just want to speak to Caroline, I'll leave right after if she wishes" Klaus replied "no, you upset one of my girls so you upset me and that's not okay with me" Katherine responded being the protective best friend she is. "Please Katherine I only wish to apologize" Klaus pleaded and Katherine opened her mouth to respond when Caroline suddenly appeared behind her.

"Kat it's okay, I'll handle this" Caroline spoke making Katherine turn to her "are you sure?" she asked "yes" Caroline responded and Katherine turned back to Klaus and gave him a stern look. "Okay listen here buddy, I'm going to let you in but only because she asked me too but just hear this if you upset her in anyway or make her cry I swear to God I will kick your ass" Katherine threatened glaring daggers at him before walking away.

Caroline stepped up to the door and looked at Klaus with her arms folded as he nervously scratched the back of his neck as he cleared his throat. "Well she's delightful isn't she?" he jokes trying to lighten the mood but Caroline wasn't in the mood for jokes.

"You came here to talk so talk" Caroline demanded making him nod "yes could we talk inside?" he asked "I don't think Katherine will appreciate you being in her house so we'll talk in the back yard" Caroline replied stepping out of the house and shutting the door behind her before leading Klaus round to the back yard through the garage.

Once they reached the back yard, Caroline walked over to the recently built porch and sat down on the bench swing. Klaus followed after her and sat next to her but he made sure there was a bit of room between them knowing she probably wouldn't want him sitting so close to her.

"So what do you want?" Caroline asked as she wrapped her cardigan around her tighter "a number of things" Klaus replied as he sat up right and leaned back. "What things Klaus? I have better things to do than waste my time waiting for you to say whatever it is you have to say" Caroline responded in a slightly sharp tone.

"I'm sorry" Klaus apologized frowning as the word felt so foreign to him, he was never one to say sorry. "Pardon me?" Caroline asked slightly shocked yet wanting to know what he was sorry for. "I'm sorry for making you feel like I was using you for sex, that was never the case as I care a great deal about you and you're more than just some girl I had sex with" Klaus said and Caroline couldn't help but scoff finding his words hard to believe.

"Oh I'm sure that's the case" Caroline responded sarcastically "it is, I'm just not very good at expressing my feelings and I honestly thought you were okay with the sex" Klaus replied turning to look at her. "Well I wasn't Klaus. You might not know this but I have feelings and I just felt like some toy while went off with Jade" Caroline spat bitterly when she mentioned the girl he had been also fooling around with.

"I'm truly sorry about that Caroline. Jade means nothing to me and I was stupid enough to fall for her innocent act and I regret spending any time with her" Klaus insisted as he placed a hand on her knee which she thankfully didn't smack away.

"I guess I just got so caught up in making the movie that I lost track of everything. I just wanted this movie to be perfect so I went out of my way to spend time with each person on set and I just got caught up in Jade's sweet innocent act which was very stupid of me" Klaus explained as Caroline looked at him for a brief second before looking away.

"Did you even like her?" Caroline asked "no, she was just a stupid hook up which was a mistake but Caroline I'm not here about her. I'm here for you" Klaus spoke before clearing his throat. "I want you to know how sorry I am for how I made you feel and for yelling at you the way I did that made you quit. I'm sorry for saying I could easily replace you which isn't true at all, nobody could replace you as Stephanie and the movie is so close to being finished it just wouldn't feel right recasting the role" he said making her look at him and she smiled.

"So you don't think I'm bossy or controlling?" she asked "no you're just very passionate about what you do and it's one of the things I like about you" he replied "I see" she replied as she felt her cheeks begin to heat up. "I like you Caroline more than a friend. I really care about you" he confessed making a big smile appear on her face "I really like you too" she confessed making him smile.

"So will you forgive me for being a dick?" Klaus asked as he grabbed her hand "of course I will" she replied giving his hand a squeeze "will you come back to London and finish the movie?" he asked "of course I will. I never like leaving things unfinished but you have to keep Jade out of my way" Caroline responded making him nod. "That can certainly be arranged now onto my last question. Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked making her bite her lip as a huge smile broke out on her face.

"Of course I'll be your girlfriend" she responded before leaning forward and pressing her lips against his making a smile break out on his face as he cupped her face in his hands and kissed her back.

"Caroline and Klaus sitting in a tree k.i.s.s.i.n.g, first comes love, second comes marriage and third comes a baby in a baby carriage!" Davina and Katherine sang from above making them pull away and look up to see Davina and Katherine leaning their heads out of an upstairs window. Caroline blushed and shook her head at her friends who were now making kissy noises.

End of chapter

Klaus apologized and him and Caroline are now officially together. Katherine is quite the good friend. What will happen next?
Vote and comment