Chapter 59

Davina's pov

I'm currently hunched over the toilet throwing up, I woke up and felt my stomach churn before finding myself gunning for the bathroom and now I'm on my knees with my head hung over the toilet bowl as I puke my guts up.

"Baby are you okay?" Kol asks making me jump and look up to see him stood in the doorway with a look of concern on his face, he's only wearing boxers. "Yeah I'm just a little sick no biggy" I respond and he frowns as he walks over and crouches down beside me, he reaches up and moves my hair aside.

He places the back of his hand against my forehead "you are a little warm, could you be coming down with a stomach bug?" he asks "no, it's probably just something I ate yesterday that didn't agree with my stomach" I respond "are you sure?" he asks concerned making me smile.

"I'm sure" I respond "okay well I'm gonna make you some herbal tea to help sooth your stomach" he says placing a kiss on my forehead making my cheeks heat up "okay, I'll meet you downstairs" I respond making him nod before he stands up and leaves the bathroom.

I sigh before reaching up and flushing the toilet as I stand up, only to put the toilet seat down and sit down as I run a hand through my hair. I look down at my lap as I fiddle with my fingers "I need to get a test" I mumble to myself before forcing myself up off the toilet seat and heading into the bedroom.

I walk over to the set of draws and pull out a pair of shorts that I left here one time. I'm currently only wearing a t-shirt of Kol's which stops midthigh, I put it on some point last night and I can't really be bothered taking it off as I feel comfortable wearing it as it smells like Kol so I feel at ease.

I put on the shorts and grab my phone before heading downstairs, instantly being greeted by Nugget who jumps up at my legs, happily barking "good morning sweet girl" I coo as I bend down and pet her on the head making her bark and her little bud of a tail wiggles making me giggle.

I bend down and pick her up and she rests her head on my shoulder like a baby making me smile as I make my way to the kitchen where Kol is making tea and something else. 

"Is that toast I smell?" I ask "yes it is, I thought having some toast would help ease whatever is making you sick" he explains as he turns round and chuckles seeing Nugget in my arms "you are spoiled you little lady" he says and she barks as I set her down and toddles over to him, plonking herself down at his feet making me giggle.

"Yes I know what you want" he says turning away and heading over to the kitchen, Nugget stands up getting all excited as he opens the fridge and pulls out a bag of carrots.

"Sit" he says as he walks towards her and she sits lifting one paw up off the ground "good girl" he says as he tosses her a small carrot stick which she catches with her mouth and quickly chomps down.

He turns and puts a few carrot sticks in her food bowl making her dart over to it making us both chuckle "eat slowly" Kol warns but she doesn't listen as she sticks her head in the bowl and starts waffling down the carrot sticks but they're small so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

"Here's your tea" Kol says as he hands me a cup of warm herbal tea "what kind of tea is it?" I ask "lemon and ginger it should help settle your stomach" he replies as he hands me a plate of toast "thank you" I respond grabbing a slice of toast and taking a bite as I sit myself down at the kitchen table.

"So what have you got planned today?" he asks "nothing, I have no plans I have no work today" I respond making him nod "what about you?" I ask "I have baseball practice which I have to be at in half an hour so I have to get going" he replies "okay well I'll get going" I respond but he shakes his head.