51. DNA

I mean, I did tell Mr Kim that my apartment was messy but I didn't mean it this literally. Usually when you tell people your apartment is messy, it means that you forgot to sweep the floor or left your 2 day old lasagna out on the counter, not literally having feathers covering the entire hallway.

But I could somehow sense that they had picked up some stuff, like their socks that were laying around in the hallway before and their shoes at the entrance were nowhere to be found.

"You had friends over?". Non other then the emotionless, bipolar, psychological Mr Kim asked me.

"Ehh- yeah, we had a small pillow fight". I lied to him.

I don't want to deal with Mr Kim right now, especially because he is the person I would most likely want to avoid if those stories that Taehyung had told me are really true, this man is mad, he is the one that made the boys to turn out this way.

But I know that I can't blame my hate towards the boys on Mr Kim, I shouldn't connect those painful actions that the boys have done towards me with how they were raised, I know they have a mind on their own. And everyone knows that those things they have done aren't normal, so no, I won't forget about them so easily, but I can empathize.
Mr Kim was probably very awful towards them, breaking them mentally and physically, no one as a child should experience that. He probably has shown me a different side of himself, just so that he can drag me along in this crazy world. That's actually something that makes me angry, acting like another person in front of my eyes.

2 faced people, those are the most dangerous ones.

I don't even get how I didn't realize sooner how crazy Mr Kim really is, of course Mr Kim plays a big part in it, it's his game after all.
He is actually the person who caused all this suffering upon me. If this bastard could just raise his kids properly or just would've never met my 'mom', it would've saved me a lot of sweat and tears.

But no this men decided to drag me into this life, into that mansion, into this cursed family, into his mafia business.

"The chicken is getting cold, lets get some plates out". Mr Kim said as he walked towards the kitchen, welcoming himself into my apartment.

I followed him behind with a mocking face, really not getting convinced by his little 'lets talk over some fried chicken' plan.

As I followed him behind, I looked down at my phone, still seeing Yoongi's name on my screen. Without hesitation, I put my finger down on the red button, cutting off the call. It wasn't necessary because I feel save with Mr Kim alone, it's because I think they deserve to get silenced by me. Yes I somehow regret how I acted towards them, and we need to talk things out, but for now they don't have the right to know everything.

I know that they want to know why Mr Kim is here, but just because sympathize about their past, it doesn't mean I forget about our past together.

I will just let them be in the dark for once and if they are that eager to find out about our talk, they can risk their own life to get caught.

I silently followed Mr Kim behind but just right before he entered the kitchen, Mr Kim stopped, also making me stop and giving him a confused look.

He sniffed. "It smells musty here". He said. "Haven't you opened a window for weeks?". He asked, maybe he started smelling his own nonsense.

"It's probably the chicken". I said pointing at the chicken. I know that the smell isn't from the chicken because there are freaking 7 boys plus 1 girl who are living in a small space, of course it's gonna smell.

But why would I tell him that? I don't want Mr Kim to know who are in this apartment at the moment, that would ruin the whole purpose of letting them in and I won't let my precious time be wasted for nothing.
I'm actually still wondering why they have to hide from him. I don't have any idea on how the boys and Mr Kim had come in a fight, but I'm sure it isn't a simple fight on where to go out for dinner.