53. Time limit

"Chaesoo, what's wrong?". I asked worriedly when I heard her cry on the other side of the phone as I wiped my mouth clean from the food I just ate.

"M-Mr Lee, is here". She said as she tried to hold back her sobs. "H-he keeps saying that you should've picked up the phone". I heard her say confused over the the phone.

"Mr Lee, is he with you?". I asked all tensed up. Just only hearing that he is close to her made me sit up straight in my bed, making shivers go down my back. "Where are you now?". I asked her.

"I- I was walking home from work but then I saw 2 black cars and him standing around the corner... I ran back inside, I'm hiding in the staffs dressing room". She explained.

On the other side of the phone I heard a damped voice screaming angrily, saying something about me and Chaesoo. It was the voice of Mr Lee.

I got out of my bed quickly. "Stay where you are". I said.

"Y/n-ah...?". She asked. I gave her a small answer, telling her to continue. "What did he mean with you not picking up the pho-?". Suddenly I heard a loud gunshot coming from her side of the line.

Within the same second I heard Chaesoo screaming but she quickly put her hand in front of her mouth, trying to damp the noice.

"Chaesoo what happened?". I asked worriedly.

She started crying. "M-my boss... I'm hearing him scream in pain". She said quietly. "Y/n-ah, please tell me what's going on". She said.

"you said, I didn't pick up the ph-..?". I asked but I stopped myself as I looked up at my bookshelf on the other side of my room as I slowly got away from my bed, keeping my eyes on the shelf.

I'm feeling sick. Hearing gun shots and him being with Chaesoo makes my stomach feel like it's twisting in all directions. He can't be with her, that's not why I took her place, that's not why I cut my own wrist.

As my eyes and ears were ready to pick up anything that would come from the other side of the phone, I heard Mr Lee's laugh coming through the phone from far away. "My, my, Chaesoo, I would come out if you don't want anyone else to be shot!". Mr Lee said from far away as I heard doors being kicked in.

Mr Lee was laughing again.

It wasn't a laugh like he is laughing at someone, no it was more like a bitter, short laugh. Like a chuckle.

This man is indeed mad. He now has Chaesoo captured. I can't play around with him, I should just have done what he ask, maybe then Chaesoo wouldn't be hiding from him.

F*ck I hate myself.

Why did I have to be so stubborn and disobey him?

"Chaesoo, get out of there. Find another way out. I will get back to you". I said quickly and put my phone away from my ear, still having her on the the other side of the line for if anything would happen to her.

Without loosing another second, I walked towards my bookshelf and pushed all the books away to see the phone I hid there, but I found nothing...

I then looked at the book on my desk, the one I had picked up when Mr Kim was here, when they were in my room.

I almost mushed my phone in my hand before I put it in my pocket, turned around and stormed out of my room.

They, they got the phone.

This is what he ment, he called me but I didn't hear it as I don't have it..

I never heard the phone go over, that's why I couldn't try and convince Mr Lee to stop him from going after her.