S E V E N

A N G E L 💗

A N G E L 💗

"Rubi, what the hell are you doing?" With so much fear in my voice, I asked my sister.

She sent me a puzzled expression. "What do you mean, why am I here? You didn't answer your phone for me and mommy and Nau'Jour, so I flew out here to see what was going on."

She began to look around the house, her face filled with awe. Then she looked at the other side of the house and took a very confused look at me.

"Why are the frames and vases broken like that?"

I began to feel anxious, knowing that if I told her the truth, Manny would most likely kill me and her. Manny jumped in and said something because I couldn't think of something to say to her.

Manny snatched my waist and wore a fake grin on his lips. "We were having a good time and weren't paying attention, so we knocked them all down. I told her she needed to clean up the mess, but she must have forgotten."

I knew Manny's husky voice frightened the crap out of Rubi, so she turned her head quickly at him. For some reason, she started laughing and jumping up and down.

She took Manny's hand in hers and shook it. "Are you the reason she didn't pick up the phone? Okay, Angel, I see what you're doing. Can you tell me your name?"

He worked very hard to maintain his fake smile. "It's true. She hasn't been answering the phone because of me. My name is Manny, and I've been keeping her really busy."

You've certainly kept me occupied. I'm too busy killing people and delivering drugs for money I don't know about. I'm sick to my stomach just looking at his fake smile. I wish I could tell my sister what's been going on for the past few days, but I don't want her to die as a result of my actions.

I snatched myself free from his hold and made my way to the kitchen. "Would you like something to eat for breakfast, Rubi? I'm sure you're starving."

Manny and she sat down on the couch. "Of course. So I thought you had a butler? Isn't he supposed to be making us breakfast?"

Manny gave me the same death glare he gave me the night before. Before she realized something was wrong, I quickly came up with an idea.

"I told the butler that I didn't need him because I could cook and do other things on my own, and I was uncomfortable with him being alone with me."

She sucked her teeth at me. "Stop it, girl. You should have just let that man do his job, but I'm curious as to how long you and Manny have been together."

I got anxious again and couldn't say something, so Manny immediately spoke up. "We've only been dating for a week."

With a troubled expression on her face, she stared at me. "Wait, a week?" It's not like you to not answer the phone for me, momma, and Nau'Jour, so his sex game must be strong."