T W E N T Y O N E

A N G E L  💓

A N G E L  💓

Manny was giving me a death stare when I looked at him. He gave off the impression that he wanted to kill me or something. I'm perplexed as to why he had Trevante bound up; what could he possibly have done? Like, why is he staring at me as if he's very angry at me, as if I did something to him? He jumped up from the table and grabbed my wrist. He also shoved a gun beneath my chin.

"How much did you pay for this shit?" He inquired as he examined my diamond bracelet.

I gave him a puzzled look. "It was $22,000. Why is it so important to you?"

He made a funny face at me. "It's important to me because I know you and him found my fucking money. I have cameras strategically placed throughout the house. That's how I know you mentioned me to your sister. You then had the audacity to give him my shit. Right now, I should blow your brains out."

In my head, I found myself palming my face. I couldn't believe he knew about us finding the damn money. I knew deep down that I shouldn't have spent it. I should have just called him when I found it, and my life would have returned to normal. Now I just dig a deeper hole for myself and my family.

Trevante started coughing. "I swear I'll kill you if you touch her."

Manny turned around, pointing his gun at Trevante. "Shut up before I kill your ass first."

I swallowed the large lump in my throat. "Please leave him alone. He was uninvolved in any of this. I offered him the money, and he refused, but I told him to take it anyway."

Manny gave me a direct stare. "Well, he should have known better than to take it from you. I think I should just murder you both and be done with it."

He approached Trevante and placed the gun to his head. I signaled him to come to a halt by raising my hand. Trevante is about to perish as a result of my actions. It's entirely my fault.

"Look, you can have the bracelet or pawn it or anything you want as long as you don't kill him." Tears streamed down my cheeks as I uttered this.

He stepped over to me, placing the gun on the table. He peered into my eyes as tears streamed down my cheeks. He then moves my hair out of my face with his pinky finger, like he always does.

"Angel, take the gun from the table and murder him." Trevante mentioned to me.

Both Manny and I gazed at the gun, and then Manny smiled back at me. "Follow his instructions." Manny spoke to me quietly.